Bodge job - How do I get these nails out!

Associate
Any seasoned nail removing experts out there?
I've got to try and get the nails circled in green out without making too much of a mess. Then lower the bracked 5-10mm

Basically an arris rail & bracket nailed into a batten thats screwed into a brick wall. Literally just finished putting the thing together (I'm one side of the garden and the Mrs the other side) thought job done, jumped back over and realised it looks pooh.

The right hand side of the top arris rail needs to be lowered some 5-10mm :(

This is fence section 2 of 11 where section 1 was pretty much spot on (for a fence noob)

Cheers

Bracket_1.jpg

Associate
Get under it with a flathead screw driver then use a pry bar to lever it - one like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-1-55-515-Wonder-Bar/dp/B00002X1XT. Thats how I'd do it. If it wrecks the board you only have to buy one board to replace it, or is it a panel?

Just had another thought, could cut the heads of the nails off if you can get in behind them then take the arris off then pull them out when it's out the way.

Associate
OP
Wonder bar purchased, thank you, looks very useful.

They are all individual boards. Its the batten I don't want to mess up, not too fussed about the featheredge (they will be coming off also and redone)

Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom