**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Was hoping the matte glass finish would not show fingerprints as much but judging from the MKBHD first look video it shows fingerprints even more so than the mirror finish versions.

Edit: Does it even havde IP rating, there was no mention of it in the live presentation yet teasers were implying some sort of water resistance?

Soldato
There's no IP rating given but they state in the small print:

Water resistant under certain conditions. OnePlus does not recommend excessive submersion. Please see product warranty for more information.

So it's weather proof and would probably survive a quick dunk but there's no official IP rating.

My 3T is running fine, would love to upgrade but there's not really any reason to at the moment.

The price is pretty good too, I paid £440 for my 128GB 3T in 2016 so £80 more for the equivalent model is no hardship.

Last edited:
Soldato
5T suddenly looks old

anyone know why they didn't spend $1 on a wireless charging coil (unless that's for the 6T)

bdnxo3.jpg

Soldato
This is probably my next phone although the incremental price increases are worrying. Also all that talk about wireless headphones got me scared and I now fully expect that the Oneplus 7 will have no headphone jack because they'll want to sell their special in-house expensive earphones.

Still though, it looks great, has great specs and it's pretty much all I need from a phone without costing £700-£900+. Also couldn't care less about the notch, don't get the hang-up over it personally.

Soldato
IF the camera is as good as they boast then it'll go a long way to helping it be a success, the larger pixels and OIS are good additions.

If the 6T has an in-screen fingerprint sensor, headphone jack, and better camera then i might be tempted :D

Soldato
Still though, it looks great, has great specs and it's pretty much all I need from a phone without costing £700-£900+. Also couldn't care less about the notch, don't get the hang-up over it personally.

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking. I'd probably rather get the next Pixel instead but really don't want to pay those sort of prices any more, even £519 will be pushing it! And I'm fine with the notch, plus I believe there is a black out feature, so I don't really see the issue. Think I'll wait and see what the camera is like once people have had time to test it though.

Soldato
Yeah that's pretty much my thinking. I'd probably rather get the next Pixel instead but really don't want to pay those sort of prices any more, even £519 will be pushing it! And I'm fine with the notch, plus I believe there is a black out feature, so I don't really see the issue. Think I'll wait and see what the camera is like once people have had time to test it though.

Once burnt twice shy. I'm also waiting for end user reviews on the camera. Professional reviewers have missed tons of issues over the years.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Was hoping this would have been the near perfect phone and that the rumours were true.

It is not, they were not.

For my uses, these are what turned me immediately away.

* No wireless charging. Too accustomed to Qi charging now to not have it. It is firmly believed that OP will add this to the OnePlus 6t, and then charge more for that.
* No IPX rating. The water resistance is the same as the 5t, they advise only exposing it to daily hazards like rain or puddles.
* USB port is only USB 2.0 spec, not 3.0 or 3.1. This is a bummer and no way round it because of the way Dash Charge hogs the cable. Shame because QC3.0/QC4.0 work just fine with full USB 3.1 spec support. Why not sack of Dash Charge and support an established standard...

Everything else about the phone looks really good though, which is why I find the above such a shame. Don't really care about stereo speakers if the solo one is decent either.

The LG G7 has the usual LG quirks, the Xperia XZ2 has all the specs I want, just the camera is lacking (again...), The Mi Mix 2S has no Qi or IPX ratings.

Pixel 3 or S10 in February it is for me I suppose. Seems Samsung are the only ones that can put together the best overall package. But they also charge £9 million for that luxury :/

Soldato
You know when the 5 and 5T came out without OIS....and there was a bunch of people banging on about how nobody needs OIS anymore....well, erm, where are those people now?

Caporegime
Was hoping this would have been the near perfect phone and that the rumours were true.

It is not, they were not.

For my uses, these are what turned me immediately away.

* No wireless charging. Too accustomed to Qi charging now to not have it. It is firmly believed that OP will add this to the OnePlus 6t, and then charge more for that.
* No IPX rating. The water resistance is the same as the 5t, they advise only exposing it to daily hazards like rain or puddles.
* USB port is only USB 2.0 spec, not 3.0 or 3.1. This is a bummer and no way round it because of the way Dash Charge hogs the cable. Shame because QC3.0/QC4.0 work just fine with full USB 3.1 spec support. Why not sack of Dash Charge and support an established standard...

Everything else about the phone looks really good though, which is why I find the above such a shame. Don't really care about stereo speakers if the solo one is decent either.

The LG G7 has the usual LG quirks, the Xperia XZ2 has all the specs I want, just the camera is lacking (again...), The Mi Mix 2S has no Qi or IPX ratings.

Pixel 3 or S10 in February it is for me I suppose. Seems Samsung are the only ones that can put together the best overall package. But they also charge £9 million for that luxury :/

Mix 2S does have wireless charging.

Soldato

Aside from transferring large data files off of the phone, which I imagine is a rare use case, I don't see what benefit usb3 on a phone brings?

Using dash charge also means they can sell you a proprietary charger, more money in OPPO Oneplus' pocket.

OP6 looks decent but another price bump irks, I'll continue with my 3T.

Back
Top Bottom