God of War 4

Associate
Quite a lot of people had this issue when the game launched apparently. Some including myself have it after the latest patch. There is a workaround I read about using PS4 settings and adjusting screen size when in game. Not very good though and never had anything like this in any other game.

Soldato
Recently bought a ps4 pro and got God of War as a birthday gift yesterday. Not had much chance to play yet but just put 30 mins on before bed and loving it so far. Visually very impressed. The story and overall gameplay and delivery even 30 mins in has been excellent really looking forward to getting into it. Think I’m really going to enjoy this.

Looks stunning in hdr mode on my OLED too :D :).

Associate
Recently bought a ps4 pro and got God of War as a birthday gift yesterday. Not had much chance to play yet but just put 30 mins on before bed and loving it so far. Visually very impressed. The story and overall gameplay and delivery even 30 mins in has been excellent really looking forward to getting into it. Think I’m really going to enjoy this.

Looks stunning in hdr mode on my OLED too :D :).

Awesome what oled you got? HDR is really good on this game.

Associate
I have a question.

I see 10/10's everywhere for this game. Literally all the mainstream media places have given it 10/10 and praised it beyond words simply and it is supposedly game of the decade or whatever they come up with now. I watched angry joes review and he seemed to be more on point for the game clearly not biased at all and going over some issues the game had unlike all the mainstream gaming media etc. I thought his review was more credible than most of the bigger mainstream gaming media places actually. I have watched many youtube videos about the game even watched brad play through most of the game. I just cant see why this game is a 10/10 because its so linear and the story is forced on you, you don't actually get to pick your own choices unless I missed something. And you only get a very limited choice of weapons. I would appreciate what people think of what I am writing I cant be the only one that thinks its not a 10/10 game ?.

Soldato
Not every game (or indeed most) lets you truly pick your own path. There are plenty of interesting sidequests as well as a very good main story and a lot of well-delivered norse mythology.

There isn't much weapon choice but the combat is deep enough with plenty of variety.

It's not a free-roaming epic or on the level of Last of Us in terms of story but it runs surprisingly close whilst packing in some fantastic combat.

I didn't enjoy previous God of War games but I'd still give this a 9.5/10.

Associate
I have a question.

I see 10/10's everywhere for this game. Literally all the mainstream media places have given it 10/10 and praised it beyond words simply and it is supposedly game of the decade or whatever they come up with now. I watched angry joes review and he seemed to be more on point for the game clearly not biased at all and going over some issues the game had unlike all the mainstream gaming media etc. I thought his review was more credible than most of the bigger mainstream gaming media places actually. I have watched many youtube videos about the game even watched brad play through most of the game. I just cant see why this game is a 10/10 because its so linear and the story is forced on you, you don't actually get to pick your own choices unless I missed something. And you only get a very limited choice of weapons. I would appreciate what people think of what I am writing I cant be the only one that thinks its not a 10/10 game ?.

I personally dont believe that for a game to be great, it has to be open world and your choices change the story every single time.....in fact im actually quite bored of open world games.....a good example of this for me, is Metal Gear Solid 1.....it had similar back tracking, but the story is fixed, the areas you play are linear with some back tracking and its one of the best games of all time IMO.....Metal Gear Solid V the open world version of the series wasnt a patch on MGS1.

Whilst everyone will have different tastes on what makes a game great, I certainly feel this GOW deserves its praise.

Soldato
I have a question.

I think watching videos will only get you so far. Hold off being too sure until you get a chance to pick it up and make your own judgement based on that, but obviously going in a bit down on it will reflect on your overall thoughts I would imagine.

Many review outlets claim a 10/10 by no means makes it a perfect game, as silly as that may sound but can there even be such a thing as a perfect game? Who knows I haven't found one.

For me I would put it around 8.5-9/10 I appreciated the level of exploration as I am sick to the teeth of open world games being empty of fleshed out with boring side content

Must also add the lore and world building, stories told etc really did hook me in and got me interested in this mythology

Last edited:
Soldato
Man alive.
Sigrun is a bit hard isn't she?

I was getting a bit blase with my Valkyrie killing, being fully clad in entirely epic armour and talismans (and of course my 1337 game playing skills ;) )
But I'm really struggling with her.
Still.... can't complain. I was looking for a challenge :D

Associate
I think watching videos will only get you so far. Hold off being too sure until you get a chance to pick it up and make your own judgement based on that, but obviously going in a bit down on it will reflect on your overall thoughts I would imagine.

Many review outlets claim a 10/10 by no means makes it a perfect game, as silly as that may sound but can there even be such a thing as a perfect game? Who knows I haven't found one.

For me I would put it around 8.5-9/10 I appreciated the level of exploration as I am sick to the teeth of open world games being empty of fleshed out with boring side content

Must also add the lore and world building, stories told etc really did hook me in and got me interested in this mythology
I think I will have to play it eventually to really understand the mass praise about it. I really liked the game and its really impressive from watching certain youtube people play through it theirs obviously more to the game than simply just watching it on youtube though so I will most certainly pick it up soon :).

Soldato
I think I will have to play it eventually to really understand the mass praise about it. I really liked the game and its really impressive from watching certain youtube people play through it theirs obviously more to the game than simply just watching it on youtube though so I will most certainly pick it up soon :).

It's the best way :) just the feeling of the subtle vibration of the axe returning is great. It's not the game to end all games by any means but it's high above the majority of what we see month in and month out

Soldato
Man alive.
Sigrun is a bit hard isn't she?

I was getting a bit blase with my Valkyrie killing, being fully clad in entirely epic armour and talismans (and of course my 1337 game playing skills ;) )
But I'm really struggling with her.
Still.... can't complain. I was looking for a challenge :D
I killed all the valkyries when I was level 6 in the second highest difficulty and then tried to beat her but I could only get her down to half health because I was dead in three hits and kept missing that diving attack when she slams you into the ground.

Level 8 now so I think I'll go back in and kick her ass.

Associate
Picked up a copy of this earlier in the week and gave it a quick 30 minute play, stopped at the part where you begin heading home after hunting the deer.
It's going to take me a while to get used to the combat controls, I might try switching the controls to the other variations a few times to see what's more comfortable.

Soldato
Did you? :D

She's an interesting boss for sure. Individually there's no one attack that I don't know how to block, dodge, counter or interrupt.
I just get kinda flustered when she mixes them all up :(
Not yet. :)

I feel like I'm getting into a good rhythm then miss one attack and get demolished.

Then other times I'm playing it safe, feel like I've been going for ages and she's hardly lost any health.

Been getting her down to a third health but keep getting caught by that damn attack where she goes out the top of the screen. The dodge window on that one is so tight.

Back
Top Bottom