OCUK founder Spie passes away

Associate
Yes I remember Mr Proudfoot when back in the day I used to order a lot of hardware. He very kindly helped me when a graphics card was not working properly and went out of his way to make sure the issue was resolved. Sorry to hear of his passing my condolences to his family

Permabanned
It is with a broken heart I have to bear this awful news.

My father, the founder of OcUK and these great forums, passed away yesterday afternoon.

Some may know him as Mark, others Spie and others as boss at some point.

The news comes as a great shock as he leaves behind my step-mother, myself, my brother and baby sister.

He was a great man, who had strong beliefs, opinions and ideas. He did not let anyone get in his way of achieving his potential. This company was founded on his hard work and determination, as continues on today with those same principles.

He was a man who I held in high regard and looked up to him as a hero, as only a son could.

At this time, please share your good thoughts and memories.

I love you dad x

Nath, if you don't mind me asking what caused it? Really sorry especially when the foundations of OcUK have been built by him and the worker bees.

Associate
Really sorry to hear this only just heard :(
i knew mark before he bought OCUK
when he used to visit us all, at all the partners shops of (Millennium computers Then)
such a really nice bloke and great memories,
one being him walking in to the shop and giving me a pirate copy of the original Unreal game
9 weeks before launch lol

RIP mark im sure you will be missed by all

Soldato
Came back randomly after 2 years to find this is terrible news - my condolences to your family. I'm glad he had a good few years to enjoy the results of his hard work (I gather he did retire after selling the business). It goes to show, you never know what life will throw your way, so live every moment.

tnx

tnx

Associate
Sorry.
I didn't know the fella but I know how your heart feels.
My dear old dad passed a couple of years back and there is not a day goes by with him being in my thoughts.

He's Forever in your heart.

Man of Honour
Very sad news. My condolences. Spent way too much time here back in the day, and had the pleasure of meeting Mark and old school mod crew. Fond memories. RIP big man.

aph

aph

Associate
Like many others, logged back in after some time to find this.

Very sad news, for him, and his family. I'm super he had many dreams still not yet realized.

"Massive heart attack" :(

A really pragmatic approach to tackling heart attacks, and other common causes of death, is one being taken by an organization called SENS.

If anyone is reading this, and interested in tackling ailements caused by aging; check out the book "Ending Aging" by Aubrey De Grey. It's scientifically deep, but super interesting. We have the tools now to massively increase healthspan.

Back
Top Bottom