How tight are case/GPU tolerances?

Associate
I have a Kolink Satellite case (love it) and I'm looking to buy a GPU, probably a 1050ti. I'd like one with two fans, however don't have a lot of space in my case due to the big PSU I used.

The Gigabyte GV-N105TOC-4GD is 191mm long, clearance for the GPU, according to overclockers shop, is 190mm.

Any chance this is going to fit? Withouth a hammer?

Soldato
If it was the other way around as in a 1mm clearance to fit I would chance it...being 1mm too big then I think it would be too much risk.

Soldato
If it really is 1mm and you really want that combo then a dremel is the answer.

Hammer might have been a joke but if it's a very small difference then bending with some pliers could do it.

Soldato
Might have to consider a single fan card or changing to a PSU that doesn't consume as much space, if the PSU is indeed what's preventing clearance you're not going to fix that with a hammer.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I think I don't want to risk it. I'm not going to cut holes in my PSU and don't really want to replace it. If anything I feel like that's probably the one component that's going to outlive the rest of the hardware.

I guess if I can't take these tolerances with a grain of salt, I'll just get a single fan card, and maybe mod the side panel so I can put a 120 or 140mm fan as an extra intake.

Back
Top Bottom