Bohemian Rhapsody

Permabanned
Big Queen fan, this is going to be epic :D

Apologies if this has been posted, long wait it comes out in November! The music will be EPIC on the big speakers!

Soldato
I was brought up on Queen. Parents were big fans, I was a big fan. Live at wembly '86 album still gives me goose bumps......That trailer nearly had me in tears......Jeez I'm a soft arse...

Not sure I could watch in public....lol

CAN
NOT
WAIT..

Epic..

Soldato
Dunno, I like Queen mainly mercury but don't think they can really replace him visually or sonically. The music will just be dubbed in, might as well just listen to a cd or something and enjoy that. About the story part, tbh I don't want to know if he had troubles or whatever or the band issues if there was any as that might ruin why I like the music.

If they were Gona make a film, they shoulda done it when he was alive.

Permabanned
Meh, it had great potential when Sacha Baron Cohen was going to be making it but judging from all the info released and the trailer this is going to be some weak sanitised family friendly version of what could have been.

Soldato
Yeah from what he said there Gona kill Freddie off half way through and show how the band carried on and got better and better. Pff queen aint queen without Freddie, there just the guys who play instruments and trying to make themselves look great even without Freddie. Queen ended as soon as he died imo.

Soldato
seems like they've overdone Freddie's teeth, unless i'm misremembering how bad they were :-/
what's the running time on this? seems they'd need a fair bit of time to do justice to the full story, when you stop and consider everything Queen have done.

Associate
Quite excited about this, could be a great film.... the story is there.
Or it could be meh... and turned into overly sentimental drivel. Well, at least the soundtrack kicks ass :)

Soldato
If they were Gona make a film, they shoulda done it when he was alive.

Well nobody gave a rats arse about Queen before he died. Like he said himself 'nobody will give a **** until I'm dead'

I'm not sure about the film there are plenty of interviews and documentaries to fill the gap. It seems like a film to appeal those that never really grew up with it.

Man of Honour
Sort of related... I was going through my iTunes on shuffle recently and I rediscovered a rather excellent album called United States by Paul Gilbert and Freddie Nelson... which is pretty much as Queen as you can get without being Queen. If you are a big Queen fan I think you'll like it!

First one is the most obviously 'Queen-like', second is the 'catchy single', third is the one that rawks the most \m/,

Check it out :)

Back
Top Bottom