Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm not fussed what others choose to wear but seeing a guy going down the m6 last weekend in vest and shorts definitely made me think "he's got some balls!".
I saw one chap with a skin tight t-shirt and shorts.

He had lots of muscles, so maybe they'd protect him? :p

Soldato
So as I've mentioned before I'll be looking to see the VFR shortly, I've done 4 miles on it in 9 weeks and that's not going to increase any time soon! :o:p

By comparison, I've done 115 miles on my mountain bike I bought less than a month ago...

Now with my little 'excursion' in the alps it did the favourite VFR thing and damaged the nose fairing slightly, mainly breaking the indicator mount and aslo cracking a little by the bolt mounts. I'm not bothered by this, good old cable ties have kept it all together in the few thousand miles it's done since! However this would put off a potential purchaser, with this fixed I'd hope to get my money back (paid £1900), as it would have a new MOT (due in June) and it's only done 32k miles and is otherwise in great condition.

However, the cost of a new OEM fairing is about £300, but I reckon it'd be 1. harder to sell and 2. worth a lot less with the damage as is, plus I can sell the old one for about £50 if the ebay sold items are anything to go by.

What would you do? I'll also give the centre stand a repaint as it's looking a little worse for wear, and there's a couple of other little bits to tidy it up a bit which won't cost much.

The funds will be going towards a car I'm afraid - I'll be keeping the Tuono though, just need to get that MOT'ed and serviced at some point this summer... :rolleyes:

Soldato
What do you think of the GSX-S1000, A mate of mine had one for a few months and said he loved it
Only had a quick ride but seems good so far, 145/155bhp whichever it is, is great on such a small bike, they are never going to be as exciting as a V4 but I just had to get off the MT-09, I was actually willing to sell it at a loss just to get rid of it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Only had a quick ride but seems good so far, 145/155bhp whichever it is, is great on such a small bike, they are never going to be as exciting as a V4 but I just had to get off the MT-09, I was actually willing to sell it at a loss just to get rid of it.
Was it too violent for you? :p

Associate
The Yamaha? No it was ****, suspension is ****, brakes are ****, the only good thing was the triple engine.

Good engine, everything else let’s it down.
Was that the regular MT? I've only rode the sp version which has the better suspension supposedly.

I wanted another sports type bike but after my knee op I cant bend it to get on the pegs for a long period before it hurts. The Mt's position was perfect for me and was just so fun to ride slow

Man of Honour
Was that the regular MT? I've only rode the sp version which has the better suspension supposedly.

I wanted another sports type bike but after my knee op I cant bend it to get on the pegs for a long period before it hurts. The Mt's position was perfect for me and was just so fun to ride slow

They cheaped out on the SP and it has the same front forks as the standard MT-09 just with a different colour. They only upgraded the rear shock.

They did improve the MT-09 with the 2017 facelift version though which had a much better throttle response and marginally improved forks.

Soldato

It was the regular MT-09, it was a 2014 so I think it was the first year they were made, I’ve mentioned it before, everything apart from the engine is poor. I can’t speak for all the MT bikes but mine was definitely very poor, maybe it had been thrashed by previous owners.

Associate
They cheaped out on the SP and it has the same front forks as the standard MT-09 just with a different colour. They only upgraded the rear shock.

They did change the front forks slightly they are dual rated rather than the single-rate springs on the standard version and are fully adjustable.

Man of Honour
They did change the front forks slightly they are dual rated rather than the single-rate springs on the standard version and are fully adjustable.

It's exactly the same fork as the standard 2017 MT-09.

It was the regular MT-09, it was a 2014 so I think it was the first year they were made, I’ve mentioned it before, everything apart from the engine is poor. I can’t speak for all the MT bikes but mine was definitely very poor, maybe it had been thrashed by previous owners.

It's not just you. The suspension got slated as being almost dangerous in the reviews.

Back
Top Bottom