PSU Making static noises?

Associate
Recently bought the "Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified Power Supple" from overclockers and up until today I've been hearing static noises whenever I plug in my powercable to the PSU. No noises are heard when the pc is turned on and running, only when you either remove or insert the power cable or wiggle it around when its in.

Is this normal, if not, what should I do!!

Soldato
Recently bought the "Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified Power Supple" from overclockers and up until today I've been hearing static noises whenever I plug in my powercable to the PSU. No noises are heard when the pc is turned on and running, only when you either remove or insert the power cable or wiggle it around when its in.

Is this normal, if not, what should I do!!

It's normal, it'll be from arcing between the pins in the AC inlet and the power cord. Best bet is make sure power is off before removing/inserting the power cord.

However saying that it shouldn't do it once it's securely inserted and obviously if there's any damage to the cable don't use it and get it replaced.

Associate
OP
It's normal, it'll be from arcing between the pins in the AC inlet and the power cord. Best bet is make sure power is off before removing/inserting the power cord.

However saying that it shouldn't do it once it's securely inserted and obviously if there's any damage to the cable don't use it and get it replaced.
Your a legend! Thank you so much dude, I've been panicking thinking my GPU has like completely bust or something, thankyou dude!!

Back
Top Bottom