Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season

Soldato
Oh boy oh boy, if the rumours are true that it’s going to be Arteta and only a £50mill budget, then god help arsenal because if we start off badly fans are going to be extremely annoyed and angry. Which will mean Arteta getting the sack due to low attendances. But if anyone needs to go, it’s kroenke and Gazidis. Those 2 are what are causing the rot at Arsenal.

£50 mill ain’t gonna buy **** especially as it’s WC year.

Gotta love our board of money grabbing directors and owner. Only interested in lining their pockets.
50m won't buy much full stop these days with prices way they are

Soldato
if Arsenal take Arteta, no disrespect to him but I think 1 season under pep is not going to be enough for him to coach if they want to be challenging for the title, I do fear for Arsenal if they don't get this appointment right.

That being said if the rumours are true about 50 million to spend then they are not going to attract the best
No one is going to openly admit how much they have to spend, that would be pure stupidity. Suddenly players cost more if they know you have £100m to spend.

If Arteta comes in then we are going to get mainly unknowns or people he played with.

I think they should go and ask DM what he thinks because I don't want to listen to another 10 years of his biatching lol

Soldato
I'm actually warming up to the idea of Arteta - it feels like one of those appointments where we have nothing to lose. He won't be given full control of transfer dealings so no chance of him completely overhauling the squad, and realisticly with the players we have available and the size of the club - how bad can things go? Best case we pick up a promising football mind with an affinity for the club. Worst case things go poorly, we have another season or two like we've just had and he is gone in 2 years leaving most of the squad intact.

Soldato
When it's all said and done, the next manager isn't going to be standing on the touchline for years to come - if he doesn't perform well, then after 18months or a couple of years he'll get the boot, and if they do well they'll still end up going to another club eventually - we've joined the managerial merry-go-round like everyone else. No manager we're linked with has been universally successful, there's zero guarantee anyone will do better or worse than Arsene and we're not going to have a better chance of attracting top tier players all the bigger clubs want any more than we did.

There's obviously a degree of trepidation with Arteta because he hasn't managed yet, but there's always plenty of positives; he knows the club well, knows the players, is well-respected by a lot of people in the game and apparently isn't one for putting up with ****, has strong ideas about how he wants the game to be played and what he expects from the players... and obviously has spent 2 years soaking up knowledge from Pep who wanted him at his side in the first place. At the moment he's just an unknown quantity but seems the front-runner so... we'll see.

Soldato
Oh boy oh boy, if the rumours are true that it’s going to be Arteta and only a £50mill budget, then god help arsenal because if we start off badly fans are going to be extremely annoyed and angry. Which will mean Arteta getting the sack due to low attendances. But if anyone needs to go, it’s kroenke and Gazidis. Those 2 are what are causing the rot at Arsenal.

£50 mill ain’t gonna buy **** especially as it’s WC year.

Gotta love our board of money grabbing directors and owner. Only interested in lining their pockets.

But with the way player transfer fees are amortised over the contract length it's not a huge disaster.

Buying a player for £40m looks on paper to smash the transfer budget and leave nothing for any decent additions, but £40m over a 4 year contract is only £10m deducted from that £50m budget allocated for this financial year.

Don
Final time I'll say this. This thread is to discuss Wenger leaving and his replacement, not transfers, transfer budgets, amortisation or football manager.

Soldato
Didn’t expect that but im happy its him rather than arteta

Ignoring psg his cv whilst at seville is impressive

Maybe we could win the uefa with him

Man of Honour
Can't really complain given the state we're in and the way people we're talking up ex players getting the role.

Hopefully he can inspire a return to the UCL via Europa given his familiarity with winning it.

Back
Top Bottom