Quietest PSU for 1950x and Vega64 system?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Hiya. I'm building a new system and am looking for suggestions on a PSU for it.

I'm keen for the system to be as neat and quiet as possible. I'll be reusing my Vega64 and it will have a 1950x CPU. I hoard most of my data on my NAS, so this won't be full of spinning rust drives - likely ~1TiB of NVMe SSD.

Does it make sense to over-spec on the PSU, meaning it can run under less stress (and thus produce less heat?).

PSUs look to have moved on a lot since I last built a PC (been using laptops for a good few years now) - and some have features where you can monitor load (Corsair Link) - are these useful, or gimmicks?

Soldato
For unit with active/semi active fan

recommend units with their Silent Wing 3 fans (£20 a pop) as they are prob one of the quietest silent fans on the market with high airflow/static pressure

https://www.bequiet.com/en/psucalculator

seasonic units are damn good but unsure of sound of the units- should be quieter then most . easiest solution for quiet PSU is the case its in :)

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I run my 1920x and vega 56 off a Seasonic prime 750w platinum. Seems to spend about 80% of the time running with the fan off. It is audible when it spins up but not particularly loud. A titanium spec unit around 850w may be able to run passively more often.

Man of Honour
Running my 1950x / Vega / 3 other GPU's on a Seasonic Platinum Series 860w it really is a beautifully built piece of kit and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another :)

The seasonic also has that quiet mode button that runs it passive when your not going mental!

Back
Top Bottom