A Windows update has given a hidden partition a drive letter

Soldato
as above I can only think a recent windows update has caused this , I now have a drive "I" of 500mb which windows keeps throwing out popups saying my drive is low on space, this is meant to be a hidden partition on the boot drive. I have been into disk management, and there is no option on this partition to remove the drive letter. I have also tried using diskpart, and this says the drive is hidden, I tried to change the drive letter to blank but this didn't work either, anyone got any ideas how I do this?

Soldato
5 networked printers in my office and 1803 stopped the busiest label printer and its backup from working on all the clients and wiped all it's intricate custom settings.

Couldn't dispatch any orders all morning. MS's name was mud.

Soldato
5 networked printers in my office and 1803 stopped the busiest label printer and its backup from working on all the clients and wiped all it's intricate custom settings.

Couldn't dispatch any orders all morning. MS's name was mud.

If they were attached to a proper print server, why would an update to 1803 cause an issue?

Soldato
If they were attached to a proper print server, why would an update to 1803 cause an issue?

Because the clients could randomly no longer see that printer all the others worked as normal. A quirk in the drivers meant that the print job had to be rendered on the clients.

I agree with your question though why would an update cause an issue?

Back
Top Bottom