Black Switch Keyboard

Man of Honour
My go to for Blacks has been the Ozone Strike and Minoix Zibal 60 but they are end of line now I believe and price has shot up loads on the remaining stock. Doesn't seem to be many offerings any more of the Blacks in fairly plain keyboards at a more reasonable price.

It is a bit annoying really as years back maybe 2003 or something I can't remember - before mechanical switches were a "big thing" I bought a "noname" Cherry reseller keyboard with MX Blacks (EDIT: Actually they were clears or whites or something close to that - similar to blacks but a little less force needed but not reds) for like £12 or something - now its like £100+ for these kind of keyboards :(

OcUK Staff
I know of one manufacturer who has some boards coming out within the next few months. They aren't a cherry black but are a proprietary switch. I tested them a few weeks back and they were firmer than a brown and so may be what you are looking for. Very linear with very little wobble. I can't say anymore for now but keep your eyes peeled! ;)

Associate
OP
I know of one manufacturer who has some boards coming out within the next few months. They aren't a cherry black but are a proprietary switch. I tested them a few weeks back and they were firmer than a brown and so may be what you are looking for. Very linear with very little wobble. I can't say anymore for now but keep your eyes peeled! ;)

Why tease! If you need some hulk hands to review them, you know where to find um.

Associate
OP
Associate
i really hate the "lego" look of these ones.

If you're referring to the primary colour keys, I assume they give you the grey extra keycaps if you just want white and grey.

White's a bit bright for me so I went for the light grey/dark grey one in the first link.

Can't really report on them yet though, because still waiting for mine.

That aside, trying to offer you alternative suggestions. I was in a similar boat, and I learned that while Ducky are brilliant for gaming, for the coder and typist etc. it's worth looking at Varmilo, Vortex, and Leopold as well for a slightly more subtle "simple" alternative as you mention.

Back
Top Bottom