Can't find single player game to hook me

Soldato
Morning all, I'm struggling to think of a game to play, WoW and OW are my multiplayer time killers but as it stands, I'm bone dry on the single player games...

I'm really looking for fun adventure games with a strong story and fairly decent gameplay. The last game I played that kept me tied in was Assassins Creed Origins. Then Uncharted before that.

Ideally I'd like to play on PC though. Needs to be fairly modern and with decent'ish graphics so no side scrolling 2D indie games please. Not my thing.

Steam library in my signature.

Soldato
OP
"adventure games with a strong story and fairly decent gameplay" - Fallout3/4? not exactly knew but amazing games

The Witcher 3.

You’re welcome. :)

Skyrim? Once again, it's quite old but a real time soak.

I should have said that ideally not a game I've played. All 3 of those I've played to death with hundreds of hours in each of them lol. I'm even re playing Skyrim on the Switch at the moment.

Soldato
Just Cause 3 is my go to game when my PC decides it want to run it and I'm in the mood.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is good - but is a niche imho, you'll love it or hate it.

Shame you need good graphics, Rimworld is still for me one of the best games ever made.

Associate
Playing Dishonored at the moment and it's awesome, if you've not played it mega recommendation. Alternatively, I know from your first post you might red card the suggestion but...Hollow Knight? It's an amazing Metroidvania that's an incredible experience if you enjoy the genre.

Soldato
Have you ever played Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines? It's a great game and still holds up.

Shadow Warrior 2 is great fun too - bit of a stretch to call it a great story but it I loved every minute of it and was disappointed when it was over.

Also Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice is a great game and worth checking out.

Soldato
OP
First off, what epic suggestions!

Kingdom Come Deliverance !?!

Played it for around 20 hours, the bugs really got to me and it was just too... Early. I may pick it back up again as they've probably patched most of the issues out.

Just Cause 3 is my go to game when my PC decides it want to run it and I'm in the mood.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is good - but is a niche imho, you'll love it or hate it.

Shame you need good graphics, Rimworld is still for me one of the best games ever made.

Never was a fan of the Just Cause series. Found them far too boring. Shame as I know they are good game! Just not for me.

I'll look into Rimworld, but as said, graphics sadly do play in a factor for me.

Dishonoured?

Or replay The Witcher 3 again? :p

Witcher 3 again? DON'T TEMPT ME FRODO! If the combat wasn't so stale after a while, I would. But it would be very much the same I think... However, it is in my top 3 games of all time...

I've played Dishonored and loved it, the second one... Not so much.

Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Devided, both have decent graphics ?? Could play the first one to but the graphics will be dated on that one though.

I really enjoyed the first one, I just couldn't get on with the feel, it's super sluggish. Not tried Mankind... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe that's a game to consider?

Playing Dishonored at the moment and it's awesome, if you've not played it mega recommendation. Alternatively, I know from your first post you might red card the suggestion but...Hollow Knight? It's an amazing Metroidvania that's an incredible experience if you enjoy the genre.

See response above abour Dishonored, but I'll look into Hollow Knight!

Have you ever played Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines? It's a great game and still holds up.

Shadow Warrior 2 is great fun too - bit of a stretch to call it a great story but it I loved every minute of it and was disappointed when it was over.

Also Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice is a great game and worth checking out.

Played Vampire to death back in the day, fantastic game and really in depth story. Loved it. Played Hellblade, it was more of a tech demo for me, spectacular though! Don't get me wrong, loved it.

Soldato
Dying light, mad max, tomb raider, borderlands, evil within 1 + 2, prey, dishonored 1 + 2, bioshock (all), life is strange

Not sure if all would class in what your looking for, i suspect you've played most if not all just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom