Let's Talk about 4x4ing

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've just picked myself up a Jeep Wrangler with a plan on doing some 4x4 offload driving (I'm in Australia so lots of outback to see). Just wondering if there were any other 4x4 drivers here If so let's see some rigs...

2b936e322056d5ad223441357b11b6e1.jpg

32c7b766901d992a00be9e826aaea6d3.jpg

Soldato
Bit of a shed now it's getting on a bit but the wife has horses so needs to go offroad & we need to tow a 27 foot caravan & it does the job with ease still.

lHKAQhj.jpg

Soldato
currently looking at getting a Jeep Gran cherokee for some off roading and camping trips. Mate of mine has a wrangler and its often getting thrown about in some mud! such awesome cars sadly just out of my budget

Soldato
A lot of Idiots in the UK seem to have a different take on what a 4x4 or Suv seems to be. Op’s Jeep or something like a Discovery is what a 4x4 actually is but many people over here seem to think a 1.6 front wheel drive Vauxhall Mokka or a Range Rover Evoque, Kia Sportage etc is a 4x4 and often refer to there car as such when in fact they have as much off road capability as a Corsa.
It’s sad that the true meaning of what a 4x4 actually is lost with all the stupid crossover things we now have on the roads.

Caporegime
A lot of Idiots in the UK seem to have a different take on what a 4x4 or Suv seems to be. Op’s Jeep or something like a Discovery is what a 4x4 actually is but many people over here seem to think Range Rover Evoque, is a 4x4 and often refer to there car as such when in fact they have as much off road capability as a Corsa.

Well given the fact the Evoque is available with 4wd and is actually quite capable offroad i fail to see your point.

Caporegime
Evoque is a very capable off roader. Sand mode gives some crazy throttle response, but snow mode really comes into its own

Good rant though

Soldato
I have the opposite problem, bought a grand vitara and despite snow and a little off road (as in actual muddy fields not a slightly bumpy road) driving i've yet to actually engage 4wd because i needed it.

That said, its great for towing and being a general wagon for carrying stuff.

Know a couple of guys who are into their landies, one of them can reliably found offering lifts to anyone and everyone when theres enough snow to put most people off driving. The other can generally be found halfway up a cliff in what was at some point in history was a series 3 but now is one flashy paint job short of an american monster truck.

Soldato
I regret selling it but the constant maintenance and repair really got to me and I couldn't afford it. These days I'd be afraid of it being nicked as they are stolen so frequently and easily.

tnx

tnx

Associate
I used to drive round in a Frontera 3.2. Was a right beast, the exhaust tone was beautiful but drunk petrol like it was going out of fashion and the road tax was wayyyyyyy too high.
It was fantastic in snow but the only off roading I ever did was probably mounting the curb.
Would surprise a lot of folk with how fast the two ton thing would go.

Miss it really.:(

At least my Insignia is free road tax and over 60 mpg on a run.

Soldato
I do a lot of off-roading in the states, usually around Utah and Arizona, I always take a Wranger, I've pulled a few people out of sand in standard SUVs a few times, one guy went into deep sand in a Porsche Cayenne once, that was a little embarrassing..

yxdUzSa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom