PC reboots randomly with no blue screen error message

Associate
Hi,

Been a while since i posted on here, as the title says it just randomly reboots, sometimes goes for a month fine then it might do it 2 or 3 times in a week so it's getting a bit annoying.

Have tried playing with the CPU overclock a bit but nothing has worked and without any error messages i have no clue as to where to look.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Soldato
Have you checked Event Viewer?

Also Windows defaults to rebooting instead of stopping and showing BSOD error, so have you disabled automatic restart after system error?

Associate
OP
Have you checked Event Viewer?

Also Windows defaults to rebooting instead of stopping and showing BSOD error, so have you disabled automatic restart after system error?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes i have disabled auto restart but it still reboots, all i get in event viewer is kernel 41.

Associate
OP
It was at 4GHz and i did up the voltage a tad when i first started getting problems, it's now running 3.9 at the same upped voltage, i haven't had a crash since but it's only been 1 day since.

Soldato
Needing more volts/lowering clocks kinda hints to possible degrading of CPU if problem appeared recently.
Though overclocking might have been marginally stable to begin with.

Associate
OP
I have a newer Corsair AX860 which was in a year or so ago but i swapped it out for the Antec when i got the second card as i thought it would be borderline at full load, the Antec will be 6 years old maybe.

Associate
OP
Yea i reset the bios a couple of days ago and just changed the memory to XMP profile, been OK so far but will have to give it a month or so to rule the overclock out.

Associate
OP
Well it's been a couple of months with the CPU @ stock and no random reboots, have had 1 crash playing Farcry 5 where it just froze and had to reset but other than that it's been fine, i suppose it does look towards the CPU overclock becoming unstable but i still can't rule out PSU as it would be using more power overclocked.
Will look at a new PSU at some point.

Associate
OP
Also, we're going from winter to summer - maybe a winter overclock isn't stable for summer?
It was winter when i was having issues, CPU has been stock for 2 months and tbh it runs everything fine at that anyway so i'll just leave it where it is, also i don't think temps were the issue as it's all watercooled and highest i used to get on CPU was around 52° and around 48° on GPU's while gaming.

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late response, i use Aida64 to monitor temps on my G19s screen and highest i get on motherboard is 40° and PCH is 50°, not 100% sure where the temp is taken from for the motherboard though.

Back
Top Bottom