**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Associate
Not really, the designs on the iPhone's are obviously similar but the hardware is not the same, the display on the OnePlus 5 is a the exact same display as on the OnePlus 3, the displays on the OP5T and OP6 are exactly the same but stretched.

It's amazing they've got away with it really.

The hardware is different between the OnePlus 6 and the 5T, except for the screen.

Soldato
You bought a referral link?

Didn't know I had one, if anyone wants it let me know.

Lol yeah appears so.
It was a quid for £20 off voucher but I ended up using my student discount instead.
What makes it worse was it error-ed the first time I tried to buy it, so I did it again but ended up paying for the same voucher twice :D

Soldato
I ordered myOnePlus 6, ETA 1st June according to my order. Now on the OnePlus site, it says phones will be shipping within two days :¬|
Same here, hoping they push existing orders through quicker than the estimated delivery date of the 1st June and don't just take further orders as we have agreed to a later date.

Associate
Obvious a couple of years removed now, but my experience with buying the OnePlus 3 on launch was a similar timescale but it actually arrived in 3 days.

Associate
Decided whilst on the website this morning that it will just be easier to go to the local 02 shop and pick one up this afternoon rather then wait.

Whilst on the phone the lady behind the counter said they had changed the pricing to match the OnePlus website... 128Gb midnight black was £515... Plus £15 SIM top up. In the shop the price charged was alittle more, £538 I believe.

Soldato
Given the choice, I would buy from O2, at least you can deal with them if you have a problem with it and not OP direct, O2 still aren't great but they were a lot easier to deal with in the end.

Associate
Not really, the designs on the iPhone's are obviously similar but the hardware is not the same, the display on the OnePlus 5 is a the exact same display as on the OnePlus 3, the displays on the OP5T and OP6 are exactly the same but stretched./QUOTE]

Exactly the same but stretched :)
If only everyone else was as relaxed about tiny changes like the notch and a full length screen!

Permabanned
Exactly the same but stretched :)
If only everyone else was as relaxed about tiny changes like the notch and a full length screen!

I'm no fan of the notch, lets just clarify that.

The Notch is just about the screen to body ratio, it's not usable by video or games (unless you like a small chunk of the content missing) so I don't class it as usable screen, it shouldn't be included in the screen size or the screen to body ratio imo, it's misleading.

Soldato
Just ordered 1 from O2 as I'm bored with my S8 and need a new toy. Got £10 back from TCP (128gb for £509), phone should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
What are you guys going to do for screen protection, is oneplus 3D glass good? I heard the one for 5t one was too slim for the screen and it looks quite thick in videos. Wondering if I should go for oneplus one or third party one. The one that comes pre-installed is all right but I hate that it doesnt go all the way to the bottom and I have gestures on so to go back I swipe from buttom sides and my finger always scrubs agaisnt the end of the screen protector.

Back
Top Bottom