New build assistance

Associate
OP
Morning guys, sorry for not replying, been a busy week!

Many thanks for all your help, I did actually opt for the MSI 1070ti Armor version though now I know might not have been the best option. Anyway, I speaking to the supplier and they said that the memory I purchased requires an overclock if I am to get the faster speeds. Is anyone able to assist me on how I go about that? I was under the impression those speeds work out of the box but was told it should work but technically an overclock is needed.

Soldato
Morning guys, sorry for not replying, been a busy week!

Many thanks for all your help, I did actually opt for the MSI 1070ti Armor version though now I know might not have been the best option. Anyway, I speaking to the supplier and they said that the memory I purchased requires an overclock if I am to get the faster speeds. Is anyone able to assist me on how I go about that? I was under the impression those speeds work out of the box but was told it should work but technically an overclock is needed.

did you go for the B350 Gaming 3 in the end or intel board ?

also what ram did you get ? from ocuk ?

Associate
OP
did you go for the B350 Gaming 3 in the end or intel board ?

also what ram did you get ? from ocuk ?
Went for the B350 and down the Ryzen route, also after too-ing and fro-ing and various discussions with the guy on the phone, went with the 16GB Corsair Vengence 3000mhz (I think). Everything seems to be working fine but wanted to check the ram was running at the right speeds, though he did say if it doesn't work can send back or swap out for alternative as apparently there had been reports before of problems with this board and the ram getting to the correct speeds.

Soldato
if you went for Gaming 3 or Strix should just be able to enable XMP and should run at stated speeds. by now bios updates should make rams kits run fine on first gen ryzen boards- though you'll find here we tend to quote teamgroup more for price and they work and we use it.

enable XMP/DOHC - download cinebench r15 and asus realbench along with CPUz and run the bench marks and stress test (30 mins) to see if stable :)

Associate
OP
Great thanks, at work right now but will test when I get home tonight. So glad I opted for the 27" AOC that screen is already massive itself compared to working on a 24", I think the 3" version would have been overkill!

Soldato
27" in min for 1440p gaming and 32" the nice spot personally .

no sure why G-sync monitors are all 27" for 1080p as its forces you to turn on filters to smooth out the larger pixels and kills off the higher frame rates your going for lol

Back
Top Bottom