Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment

Soldato
Massive difference between an odd comment and lifting someone skirt up.

Some of the comments in here sum this forum up sometimes.

he never lifted the skirt!! "omg he touched my skirt" "RAPE" get over it. move away.

does this mean someone should go to prison?

why cant people just stand up for themselves rather than have a media frenzy over it. nothing to do with this forums attitudes.

Caporegime
Sexual innuendo is rife in the workplace. Now it is classed as harassment!?

Harassment has become a joke like the hate crime laws, it's completely subjective and reaching a point where the bar is being moved so low that almost everything falls into that category as long as you have a victim (who are treated like celebrities on social media) making an accusation.

Reading the article it's one person who has come forward and the rest are 'anonymous sources' that we have to trust CNN aren't lying about?

Soldato
With all these accusations, innocent until proven guilty seems to have flown out of the window.

Was it ever in the room? Outside of the court system, it's always seemed to be "no smoke without fire" and peoples lives have always been ruined by false accusations because the general populous jump to conclusions that someone is guilty on accusation.

Soldato
That article is so vague it is hard to know really what or if anything inappropriate actually happened. Him making "comments about women's clothing and bodies" could be completely innocent comments blown out the water or could actually be harassment. As with all of these though he'll be judged in the court of public opinion so guess we won't be seeing him any new films.

Soldato
he never lifted the skirt!! "omg he touched my skirt" "RAPE" get over it. move away.

why cant people just stand up for themselves rather than have a media frenzy over it. nothing to do with this forums attitudes.

Who said he should go to prison ? Who's crying rape?

He tried to lift someones skirt up and asked if they were wearing underwear...what about that is acceptable? Stop talking nonsense.

Caporegime
This day and age it is getting pathetic times have changed for women for the better but in many cases they take it too far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvnO0p9KvU

If anything it's the woman who is committing harassment by getting out of her car and verbally abusing him, I also noticed a few references to his skin colour.... but if she did that to me I'd just tell her to **** off and ignore her she's clearly mentally ill.

Soldato
Here's some context from the BBC article

She told CNN that during the harassment another actor, Alan Arkin, "made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say".

That should be pretty easy to corroborate

Soldato
That doesn't give any context, all that says is someone else thought it was inappropriate. By context, I mean; How long had they worked together? Had there been advances by either party previously which hadn't been rebuffed? or conversely had there been other advances that had been rebuffed? Had they had a relationship before? Had they been flirting before?

There are things I will say or do to some friends (as they will to me too) who I know I can get away with things with that I wouldn't dream of doing to other friends or people I don't know. Are those things inappropriate? sometimes yes but are they harassment? no.

Edit: For further clarification, I'm not saying it isn't possible to get further context. Simply that article doesn't give any to be able to judge that situation properly.

Man of Honour
At 64 I can guarantee that in my youth I acted inappropriately on numerous occasions I have also had inappropriate acts visited upon me when I was the only guy in a office full of women . Will I apologise, hell no do I expect an apology from them again hell no.
Why on earth do we need to keep apologising for the past for crying out loud and why does it seem to be such a big deal in the land of the free.

some of these are accusations from the last 6 years, nothing to do with youth (he was 74).

That doesn't give any context, all that says is someone else thought it was inappropriate. By context, I mean; How long had they worked together? Had there been advances by either party previously which hadn't been rebuffed? or conversely had there been other advances that had been rebuffed? Had they had a relationship before? Had they been flirting before?

There are things I will say or do to some friends (as they will to me too) who I know I can get away with things with that I wouldn't dream of doing to other friends or people I don't know. Are those things inappropriate? sometimes yes but are they harassment? no.

Edit: For further clarification, I'm not saying it isn't possible to get further context. Simply that article doesn't give any to be able to judge that situation properly.

None of those are relevant, repeatedly making advances at someone who's clearly not interested is harassment.

No one has claimed rape, or asked for him to go to prison. She literally states that she'd move away and he'd do it again.

Soldato
Morgan Confinedman...

it was a CNN investigation where they reached out to people who've worked with him.
So an official media witch hunt seeking victims who will come forward for a reward?
"Hello, my name is Susan, I'm from OCUK Finance Recovery. Our records show that you've been in two accidents that were not your fault, were mis-sold PPI, have had an injury at work, were harrassed by three celebrities, and may be entitled to compensation... Can you give me your full name, address, telephone number, email and bank details.....?"

the more people come out with their stories the harder it is for it to be brushed under the rug and the stronger the case against the accuser.
It also works the exact same way against a completely innocent person, though. Once a few people start building a case, however tenuous, numerous others suddenly appear out of the woodwork to apply for a piece of the action. ISTR several such incidents with celebs in the past couple of decades, where a good half of the charges were proven to be just money-grabbing bandwagonners jumping in.

Who's the next media's victim? David Attenborough? (yes I went there)
Only because Steve Irwin is already dead...
"He touched me.... he touched me on my dorsal fin....!!"

Massive difference between an odd comment and lifting someone skirt up.
Back in school, lifting skirts was a silly game that all the boys played!!
I assume subway operators (and similar owners of assets that vent) will now be penalised for all the times since 1954 that one of their vents has lifted a skirt?
#MeToo #Corporate sexual harassment!!

Soldato
None of those are relevant, repeatedly making advances at someone who's clearly not interested is harassment.

Of course they are, your relationship and context are everything when it comes to human interaction. For example; you walk in your house and kiss your wife/husband. Harassment? clearly not. Do the same the same to a stranger and you’d be facing all sorts of charges. Why? because your relationship and the context are different even though the act is exactly the same.

And how you know they were repeated unwanted advances how? Because she said so to a reporter? Well it must be true then and Morgan Freeman should be hung drawn and quartered.

As the saying goes there are 3 sides to every story, your side, their side and the truth. That isn’t to say she is lyinh but so far we’ve only had one vague side of the story. Is it so wrong to want the full picture before being judge, jury and executioner?

Back
Top Bottom