Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Caporegime
Find different fuel for a few tanks. I genuinely never thought this could be an issue but it seems bike engines are a lot more sensitive than I thought, Baron Von Grumble's 750 Kawasaki from their recent road trip fired on 3 cylinders due to crap fuel.

Soldato
Took the K1300R for a post work blast, but between this morning and that i'm thinking there could be something a little wrong. It's not making quite as sweet a noise and idle seems a bit rougher than usual (not bad but not quite the same) and it definately seems to miss quickshifts at lowish revs (which I know ur not supposed to do but it makes great farts ;)) much more often than usual.

Any ideas if there's anything I can look at? Last fuel i put in was esso 98, I've been a bit less 'regular' since I just moved (used to pretty much be always on agip 98) but previous tank was the same stuff from same station.

I'd be looking at fresh fuel as a start.

If no luck, when was it last serviced? Air filter, fuel filter? IF unsure, change/clean them. Most bikes have a 'tea-bag' filter in the fuel pump.

After than, throttle sync.

Caporegime
Yeah fresh fuel seems to have done it some good, will see if it comes back.

Last servicing was september but that was minor and iirc means no new air filter (and it's a pain to get to on that bike :/). I don't remember seeing that on the maintenance list so might never have been changed :/

Seems your bike's on par with Baron's piece of **** then :D

(Good news in all seriousness, well done)

Soldato
Not sure, Can't seem to find a good quality video with it running, I've had them in the past and they've always sounded great to me.

What are people's opinions on the DynoJet Quickshifter? It's £191 which is £200 cheaper than the Translogic.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
9oIOeaYR3HBRLGvF4R.gif

The sync between these two :eek:

Caporegime
Not sure, Can't seem to find a good quality video with it running, I've had them in the past and they've always sounded great to me.

What are people's opinions on the DynoJet Quickshifter? It's £191 which is £200 cheaper than the Translogic.

Dynojet has been tuning bikes for longer than I've been alive, I suspect there's an element of success to that. Personally it would be a no brained for me and a quick Google reveals their products and quickshifters in particular to be good quality items so take that in to consideration.

Soldato

The Dynojet quick shifters don't have a good reputation and unless they've changed the design recently they cut the fuel not the spark, which is not the best way to go about it.

Trans logic are good units, the daddy though are the cordona units.

If you're after a cheaper unit have you looked at the healtech quick shifters? I've been running one on a race bike for the last two seasons and it's been faultless and very easy to setup from the phone app.

Soldato
The Dynojet quick shifters don't have a good reputation and unless they've changed the design recently they cut the fuel not the spark, which is not the best way to go about it.

Trans logic are good units, the daddy though are the cordona units.

If you're after a cheaper unit have you looked at the healtech quick shifters? I've been running one on a race bike for the last two seasons and it's been faultless and very easy to setup from the phone app.
I’ve looked at the Healtech shifters, they look like good budget shifters but I prefer the more premium looking Translogic systems.

I’ve had Translogic before so will go with them again. :)

Back
Top Bottom