MSI B350 Ram compatibility

Associate
A while back I built a new mid-range gaming PC, since then I have noticed a problem.

My ram is running at 2133 instead of 3200 like it should. I have tried to fix this in my bios settings but my computer crashes on startup, restarting my bios to factory settings.

My RAM is: Corsair -
VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT - RED (CMK16GX4M2B3200

My Motherboard is: MSI -
B350 TOMAHAWK AMD B350 (SOCKET AM4) DDR4 ATX MOTHERBOARD

From what I can on the MSI website my motherboard should be compatible. Anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this I would be very grateful.

Thanks Diddyant.

p.s. For any more PC information just ask.

Soldato
A while back I built a new mid-range gaming PC, since then I have noticed a problem.

My ram is running at 2133 instead of 3200 like it should. I have tried to fix this in my bios settings but my computer crashes on startup, restarting my bios to factory settings.

My RAM is: Corsair -
VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT - RED (CMK16GX4M2B3200

My Motherboard is: MSI -
B350 TOMAHAWK AMD B350 (SOCKET AM4) DDR4 ATX MOTHERBOARD

From what I can on the MSI website my motherboard should be compatible. Anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this I would be very grateful.

Thanks Diddyant.

p.s. For any more PC information just ask.

Yikes, your text size is big lol, raise your CPU NB voltage to 1.100v it may be listed as CPU SoC voltage in the bios, this is basically the memory controller / uncore, also to get 3200mhz are you loading XMP profile or are you manually trying to set it ? you could always try the memory try it feature, again set CPU NB voltage to 1.100v and start with 2933mhz in the memory try it list with the closest timings in that list to your ram timings

Associate
OP
Yikes, your text size is big lol, raise your CPU NB voltage to 1.100v it may be listed as CPU SoC voltage in the bios, this is basically the memory controller / uncore, also to get 3200mhz are you loading XMP profile or are you manually trying to set it ? you could always try the memory try it feature, again set CPU NB voltage to 1.100v and start with 2933mhz in the memory try it list with the closest timings in that list to your ram timings

Sorry for the late reply, been caught up in revision for GCSEs. And for the text size, I didn't really notice sorry...

I have tried what you said about manually changing the speed, at both 2133mhz and 2933 the computer runs stable with no crashes or stutters. At 3200 the computer boots and seems fine, after put under load the game shortly followed by the computer crashes.

I have been into the bios settings and tried A-XMP 1 which runs at 3200mhz but my computer has been very unstable since also, with very common crashes (when put under load Eg; games in high graphics) even the red screen of death (Red screen with continuous buzzing).

I have now changed my bios settings to A-XMP 2 which makes my RAM run at 2933mhz, I have put this again under some heavy load but it seems to be running much better with visible increases in FPS. (from 60 to 100 in some games) However i'm still not happy with the RAM running speeds, do you have a suggestion on how to make it run more stable at 3200?

I have run the default windows memory test which did find a problem but for some reason I don't get presented the results. I therefore, ran Memtest86 but it didn't find any issues with the RAM after the 6 hour test.

here's a full list of my PC components;

CPU- Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Sapphire radeon Nitro+ 8gb

RAM - Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz (16-18-18-36)

MOBO - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA supernova 650 G2

SSD - samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HD 1 - SAMSUNG HD103SJ

HD 2 - Seagate ST3320620AS

Soldato
Sorry for the late reply, been caught up in revision for GCSEs. And for the text size, I didn't really notice sorry...

I have tried what you said about manually changing the speed, at both 2133mhz and 2933 the computer runs stable with no crashes or stutters. At 3200 the computer boots and seems fine, after put under load the game shortly followed by the computer crashes.

I have been into the bios settings and tried A-XMP 1 which runs at 3200mhz but my computer has been very unstable since also, with very common crashes (when put under load Eg; games in high graphics) even the red screen of death (Red screen with continuous buzzing).

I have now changed my bios settings to A-XMP 2 which makes my RAM run at 2933mhz, I have put this again under some heavy load but it seems to be running much better with visible increases in FPS. (from 60 to 100 in some games) However i'm still not happy with the RAM running speeds, do you have a suggestion on how to make it run more stable at 3200?

I have run the default windows memory test which did find a problem but for some reason I don't get presented the results. I therefore, ran Memtest86 but it didn't find any issues with the RAM after the 6 hour test.

here's a full list of my PC components;

CPU- Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Sapphire radeon Nitro+ 8gb

RAM - Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz (16-18-18-36)

MOBO - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA supernova 650 G2

SSD - samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HD 1 - SAMSUNG HD103SJ

HD 2 - Seagate ST3320620AS

Just keep an eye out for bios updates, one min they fix it, then they break it, 2933 is better than 2133, but you should have in the memory try it for 3066 which you could give a try, the only downside of amd Ryzen is amd also bin the memory controllers too, so the top end cpu, ie 1600x and 1800x have the best controllers, anything lower and the cores and controllers get a little worse, you could always try a little more soc/nb voltage, I run mine at 1.15v

Back
Top Bottom