No Audio from Soundcard after latest Windows 10 (1803) update?!!

Associate
My SoundBlasterX AE-5 has stopped playing audio through my headphones after the latest Windows 10 update...

My headphones are fine (work with other devices)
My Soundcard is set as default device in Windows Sound
My Soundcard drivers are up to date

My monitor still plays audio fine (via Nvidia High definition audio) when selected in windows Sound

Associate
This happened when I updated to the new windows, to fix it I had to reinstall windows fresh, I couldn't find any other way to fix it.

Associate
Had a similar problem with realtek audio , had to remove every bit of the old driver , using the uninstaller then manually removed the bits it left behind then installed the latest driver i could find.
Just uninstalling then re-installing the driver didnt work .

Man of Honour
Have you tried selecting a different audio mode in the Connect software i.e. swapping from Direct HP mode to Stereo and back again?

Man of Honour
Bloody hell im glad im still on Windows 7. Couldn't be doing with all this hassle lol

That is why I have any machine I actually want to use still on 7 where I can - unfortunately I've got some Windows tablets, etc. that drivers only exist for with Windows 10 and often they are a pain in the rear.

Associate
That is the Reason i had my PC built from overclockers back in 2015 cause i wanted windows 7 not 8 which everywhere was selling like PC world exc. I was getting the windows 10 update all the time on my machine until it had enough and stopped asking me to update lol

Back
Top Bottom