Best value 27" 144hz+ 1400p Gsync Screen?

Associate
Hey guys

I have been using a 40" 4k screen for a year now and am moving house soon, when moving i wanted to downsize my monitor as i only use my PC for gaming these days and dont need the 40" real estate.

Seems the best bet is to loose the 4k and adopt some of the other tech like the refresh rate.

So im looking for the best value 27" 1440p monitor, at the moment my thoughts are the Acer Predator XB271HU. But im not that knowledgeable with displays so is there anything cheaper that is as good?

Opinions are much appreciated, cheers

Associate
OP
What is your budget? Probably the best of that ilk is the Dell S2716DG for £599.99 simply for the quality control and post-sales service.

You might also look at the 3440x1440 monitors.

i actually had a 3440x1440 before i got the 40 inch, i found not enough supported the wide screen and i wasnt really valuing what it delivered for its price (I had the top spec LG one), is that dell one just good because its LED? i was wondering if there was some sort of lesser known brand that had decent specs rather than just going for the big brands as ive previously owned DGM and Iiyama and they were very good

Budget, i guess there isnt one as such im more value focused, so getting those requirements for the lowest price is the goal, but i can spend more if there is perceived value in it, probably around 400-600

Last edited:
Soldato
What is your budget? Probably the best of that ilk is the Dell S2716DG for £599.99 simply for the quality control and post-sales service.

You might also look at the 3440x1440 monitors.

I'm still using a Dell 2711 and it's been a great monitor. I've been hoping the 2716 G-sync would be updated by now(it's 2016 model year), anyone heard any news on this? Noticed there's a few good prices about, tempted to pick one up but also thinking it may mean updated one is on it's way.
I use mine for work but find I prefer a 27" and a flipped portrait 24" rather than one large monitor.

Soldato
yeah it was user reviews so not sure if they know what they are talking about, does look nice but is it worth spending more for the refresh rate like that which i assume you cant notice much over 144?

From what I've read the IPS panels are a bit of a lucky dip if you get a good one, but IPS glow is present on most and to be honest doesn't bother me on my older Dell.

The refresh rate debate is quite long-winded but I've read there is a perceptible difference, it seems for a situational, game and person dependent. Only really beneficial in fast paced FPS games if your system can handle putting up that many frames per second.

I'm quite tempted to pick up a 24 inch 1080p 240hz refresh rate monitor just for FPS gaming in addition to my 27 inch IPS screen for everything else.

Associate
OP
From what I've read the IPS panels are a bit of a lucky dip if you get a good one, but IPS glow is present on most and to be honest doesn't bother me on my older Dell.

The refresh rate debate is quite long-winded but I've read there is a perceptible difference, it seems for a situational, game and person dependent. Only really beneficial in fast paced FPS games if your system can handle putting up that many frames per second.

I'm quite tempted to pick up a 24 inch 1080p 240hz refresh rate monitor just for FPS gaming in addition to my 27 inch IPS screen for everything else.

Cheers, ive been using 1440p IPS screens since 2012 so im familiar with the pros and cons, but back then there wasnt anything really over 60hz so thats the interesting part to me, if the trade off of 4k is worth it for the refresh and gsync!

Back
Top Bottom