What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
XCOM 2 – really immersive, there’s a lot going on and I still haven’t figured most of it out but great fun building and demolishing and planning and fighting. And it’s tense – I am agonising over moves, exciting and very rewarding when it comes off. And when it does not, and my guy misses that 86% shot…

Swearing at the game occasionally, like when my favourite Israeli sniper, who I had trained since he was just a Rookie, I’d built him up, promoted him - he’d been with me since the start, just got him a brand new high-powered sniper rifle, one move into the game, he gets once-shotted from half-way across the map by some random lucky shot from a nobody grunt. I was staring open-mouthed at the screen, I could not BELIEVE it. And then the swearing came. Heart-wrenching, absorbing, absolutely gutted, but have to say, it is a great game.

Soldato
XCOM 2 – really immersive, there’s a lot going on and I still haven’t figured most of it out but great fun building and demolishing and planning and fighting. And it’s tense – I am agonising over moves, exciting and very rewarding when it comes off. And when it does not, and my guy misses that 86% shot…

Swearing at the game occasionally, like when my favourite Israeli sniper, who I had trained since he was just a Rookie, I’d built him up, promoted him - he’d been with me since the start, just got him a brand new high-powered sniper rifle, one move into the game, he gets once-shotted from half-way across the map by some random lucky shot from a nobody grunt. I was staring open-mouthed at the screen, I could not BELIEVE it. And then the swearing came. Heart-wrenching, absorbing, absolutely gutted, but have to say, it is a great game.

Talking of XCOM 2, have you seen that Red Dwarf mod that adds the crew and quotes from them during gameplay?.... Prompted me to reinstall it today!

Soldato
You know, I've just realised that I never actually completed Crysis. So I guess I'm going to install that again and start from the beginning. Going to leave it stock with no mods.

Edit: No I won't be. I only have it on hard copy, and I don't have a drive in this system.

Soldato
BattleTech! Bought blindly on the cheap but this game has seriously gripped me. First load up I couldn't get into it, that session didn't last 5 minutes. Tried it later and decided to atleast try understand what I was doing, ended up dying on the first mission but now I had a better idea of what I was doing and tried the mission two more times before bed. Played again just now and managed to beat that and advance a little more.

Really love this game.

Soldato
I've just started playing Metal Gear Solid V the phantom pain, really enjoying it so far as it's set in the wilds of Afghanistan during the 1980's Russian invasion, there's a huge number of missions & side missions involving stealth options or run & gun, & stuff to collect etc.
Also a bizarre way to capture stunned enemies or steal large items via a balloon capture system which transports stuff back to base :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just started playing Metal Gear Solid V the phantom pain, really enjoying it so far as it's set in the wilds of Afghanistan during the 1980's Russian invasion, there's a huge number of missions & side missions involving stealth options or run & gun, & stuff to collect etc.
Also a bizarre way to capture stunned enemies or steal large items via a balloon capture system which transports stuff back to base :p
Playing that too just now, my first ever Metal Gear game. Really enjoying it, more so than Far Cry 5 actually - love that you can play it any way you want both in terms of the combat and the extras such as base and weapon development. Also now have Quiet as a buddy - lovely graphics on her! Intrigued by the apparent supernatural element of it - looking forward to learning just what that is all about...

Soldato
Playing that too just now, my first ever Metal Gear game. Really enjoying it, more so than Far Cry 5 actually - love that you can play it any way you want both in terms of the combat and the extras such as base and weapon development. Also now have Quiet as a buddy - lovely graphics on her! Intrigued by the apparent supernatural element of it - looking forward to learning just what that is all about...

My first MG game as well but I stupidly shot quiet without realising she could be useful later on as it took me by surprise on the way to another mission, after I sniped her several times and she appeared motionless in the ruins I thought she was dead anyway and the option to shoot her came up so i did, it seems quite a few others did the same and it says you can replay the mission to save her but the game won't let me replay it.
I've just got the final upgrade for the fulton device after rescuing an expert prisoner so i can now steal tanks & shipping containers and watch them float up & away :p

EDIT: just tried again and it finally let me replay it ,it started me off already in the ruins and instantly I took the first hit as she was lined up on me but I finally took her down, no wonder I originally shot her as you get a barrage of 'don't bring her back here boss' kill her now boss, do it boss etc etc. However she is now back at base and it's not affected any previous progress.

Last edited:
Soldato
Playing Sleeping Dogs for the first time and loving it so far. A bit like GTA only with better combat - love the ramming ability to in the car chases too. I don't imagine the story and characters will be as epic as they were in GTA 5 but in terms of the gameplay I'm enjoying just as much.

Soldato
My first MG game as well but I stupidly shot quiet without realising she could be useful later on as it took me by surprise on the way to another mission, after I sniped her several times and she appeared motionless in the ruins I thought she was dead anyway and the option to shoot her came up so i did, it seems quite a few others did the same and it says you can replay the mission to save her but the game won't let me replay it.
I've just got the final upgrade for the fulton device after rescuing an expert prisoner so i can now steal tanks & shipping containers and watch them float up & away :p

EDIT: just tried again and it finally let me replay it ,it started me off already in the ruins and instantly I took the first hit as she was lined up on me but I finally took her down, no wonder I originally shot her as you get a barrage of 'don't bring her back here boss' kill her now boss, do it boss etc etc. However she is now back at base and it's not affected any previous progress.
Glad you got to replay it. I love the fact that her abilities / powers means that she can't where any more clothes than she is already wearing as she breathes through her skin - genius! :D

Caporegime
Playing Sleeping Dogs for the first time and loving it so far. A bit like GTA only with better combat - love the ramming ability to in the car chases too. I don't imagine the story and characters will be as epic as they were in GTA 5 but in terms of the gameplay I'm enjoying just as much.

I loved this game and completed it which is something I haven't managed to do with a GTA game since Vice City.

Back
Top Bottom