• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Looking online at potential upgrades to the refresh on the iPhone X in September.

After using the X since launch day I can’t think of anything they can do that would make me sell my X for the refreshed version.

Battery is superb, screen is great and FaceID is now excellent.

What can they do to make it better?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

What can they do to make it better?
Better Face ID?

From all the rumours I’ve seen about the X not selling as well as expected, I do wonder what could replace it? My reaction to the £999 price was that it was too high, and although I love my X, I’m going to have to make it last 3 years as opposed to a new phone every year like I used to.

Soldato
Better Face ID?

From all the rumours I’ve seen about the X not selling as well as expected, I do wonder what could replace it? My reaction to the £999 price was that it was too high, and although I love my X, I’m going to have to make it last 3 years as opposed to a new phone every year like I used to.
Better how? Have it recognise your face 0.2 seconds faster? It’s already fast, surely any improvements will be software based to allow more apps to benefit from FaceID.

Soldato
Better how? Have it recognise your face 0.2 seconds faster? It’s already fast, surely any improvements will be software based to allow more apps to benefit from FaceID.
Working at wider angles would be nice, but I can't see them being able to add anything this year that will make me upgrade my X.

I'll be upgrading to the Series 4 watch though, I'm still on a Series 2 and I want the cellular version.

Associate
Yeah, how face ID is going to work on roumored ipad? it would be useless if you could only unlock it while in portrait mode. it must be something better. For me they could make X thinner and lighter. This phone is like going back to old bulky phones.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Better how? Have it recognise your face 0.2 seconds faster? It’s already fast, surely any improvements will be software based

People said exactly the same about Touch ID and v2 was miles quicker than v1. There’s always room for improvement.

Associate
I'll be upgrading to the Series 4 watch though, I'm still on a Series 2 and I want the cellular version.

I bought the cellular V3 as I bought it in the States and it was only about £30 per expensive. I assumed that there was some exclusive period for EE and it would then be available of all networks. Given the amount I travel I do I am pretty much tied to 3.

Turns out that the reason it is only available on EE is that they are the only ones with the right technology to enable the same phone number on more than one SIM. Until the rest upgrade their networks in the UK you will only be able to use the Cellular Apple Watch on EE.

Soldato
I bought the cellular V3 as I bought it in the States and it was only about £30 per expensive. I assumed that there was some exclusive period for EE and it would then be available of all networks. Given the amount I travel I do I am pretty much tied to 3.

Turns out that the reason it is only available on EE is that they are the only ones with the right technology to enable the same phone number on more than one SIM. Until the rest upgrade their networks in the UK you will only be able to use the Cellular Apple Watch on EE.
I’m with EE so that won’t be a problem.

Soldato
The screen is by far the best I have seen even compared to the S9. Watching the Greatest showman in HDR on it even puts my OLED tv to shame. Apple have tuned the colours to be accurate and vivid without the artificial look the Samsung phones give.

Soldato
The screen is by far the best I have seen even compared to the S9. Watching the Greatest showman in HDR on it even puts my OLED tv to shame. Apple have tuned the colours to be accurate and vivid without the artificial look the Samsung phones give.
Screen is made by Samsung so it shows what could have been achieved with the S9 if Samsung were sensible and Android had better colour management!

Soldato

To be fair I checked the cellular thing online as I’m with EE and the bands you require aren’t included in all cellular version. So buying from the USA wouldn’t work on UK networks e-sims.

Back
Top Bottom