my 300w unit wouldnt run a stock 2600k + a low powered under 50w gpu would it?

Soldato
im back working my old job, so knowing how good the money is i am back to looking to focus on building a better computer this time round, i do want a better case, but i only really need internals.

anyways i have found a 2600k for £30 and an h61 itx board for £35, will need to add a cooler, but i was going to re-use my 8gb ram out my current system, not thought about a gpu other than a GT 700 series this time, but im wondering whether my current psu will struggle or it be no different to if i had an haswell i5 that i asked about before?

i dont want to re-use my supernova as i swapped it with the 300w for a reason.

Soldato
OP
thanks for replies.

i only use a single ssd + mech drive, okay thats due to only 2 sata ports on this am1 board, but i cant be bothered overloading a case, so 2 drive is all it be, however since i made this thread, the seller of the itx board is being difficult where as the seller of the i7 isnt, so i may either have to scrap the 1155 idea and get a cheap skylake/kabylake m-atx board ive seen and build round that or try find another 1155 board of itx or m-atx by friday which means this topic is irrelevant now other than general knowledge.

Soldato
OP
In the members market?

Been awhile since I’ve been on here..

The seller was from gum, I haven’t dealt with anyone on this site as I can’t pay via the options used, but it doesn’t matter now anyways thank you, I ended up buying an old amd m-atx board with Athlon x 4 860k plus ddr3 ram for £40 which is what I now need a gpu mated to so it can actually be used and with the same 300w psu.

Since this post I purchased that SFF aerocool cs101 case which is what my amd build and drives are in with the 300w psu, I am selling my other system now when I get chance.

Back
Top Bottom