RIP forum member Jono

Soldato
Jono was such a kind soul who always saw the funny side of things, even when faced with the most horrific news. He certainly taught me a few things about making the most of a **** situation over the last few months.

RIP Jono xxxxx
Really can't summarise it better than that, a real lesson in living life and making the most of it!

Out of posting retirement to say how gutted I am about Jono’s passing. The last conversation I had with him, a few days before he died, was him realising we had been friends for 7 years, and me asking what I was going to do without him. He told me to get more cats, that was Jono all over, always cracking jokes, even when he was in so much pain.
Haha that's Jono through and through!

Same as you guys, only have fantastic memories of Jono. I never met him in person but after several chats on here (mostly cycling related) we added each other on Facebook (he was a fantastic photographer!). It was only later I found out about his 'news'. It hit me quite hard as he had such a love for life and fantastic sense of humour. Have to admit the first couple of times it came up in our conversations I really thought he was pulling my leg, yet realisation did set in. There was no punch line! :(

It amazed me about how positive he kept about it and I think that's what amazes me the most. Really makes me humble and glad I got to know him better. RIP mate, you made the most of a bad hand, living your life fuller than much of us. A true gent and shining star who brightened the lives of so many. He'll now forever shine bright.

Commissario
It's taken me a while to post and there's nothing more I can really say.

When Jono told me about this a while ago it was a bombshell. After we'd talked about it for a while, we had this conversation.

5mgRHqo.jpeg

Some may say it's a bit morbid but if I'd had any suspicions whatsoever that it wouldn't have been taken the right way, I wouldn't have said it. He had such a positive attitude.

Such a shame.

Caporegime

When Jono told me about this a while ago it was a bombshell. After we'd talked about it for a while, we had this conversation.

5mgRHqo.jpeg

Some may say it's a bit morbid but if I'd had any suspicions whatsoever that it wouldn't have been taken the right way, I wouldn't have said it. He had such a positive attitude.

Such a shame.

I know some may take this the wrong way as well but :D. What a guy. Glad you knew him so well Feek.

Soldato

5mgRHqo.jpeg

Such a shame.

What a great sense of humour and attitude :)

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour

5mgRHqo.jpeg

Such a shame.

What a bloke. That got me this morning on the train journey in. RIP Jono.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Was randomly browsing little Italy earlier and saw a post by Jono, talking about his diagnosis and cancer treatment.

Dig some more reading and saw the announcement that he’d died. Now, I remember seeing this thread back when it got posted in 2018 but what struck me is that it’s been exactly 4 years to the day… to come across that exact post today is some scary coincidence.

Anyway… just wanted to say that I never met the guy but he always came across as a tidy chap. Wouldn’t normally necro a thread without a valid reason, but I think it’s important we remember those who’ve been taken too soon. Particularly as others may be going through a similar experience.

RIP :(

Caporegime
Was randomly browsing little Italy earlier and saw a post by Jono, talking about his diagnosis and cancer treatment.

Dig some more reading and saw the announcement that he’d died. Now, I remember seeing this thread back when it got posted in 2018 but what struck me is that it’s been exactly 4 years to the day… to come across that exact post today is some scary coincidence.

Anyway… just wanted to say that I never met the guy but he always came across as a tidy chap. Wouldn’t normally necro a thread without a valid reason, but I think it’s important we remember those who’ve been taken too soon. Particularly as others may be going through a similar experience.

Imagine being a guy that someone who lightly knew you is still talking about 4 years after you've gone.
I'd take that as a win.

Soldato

Maybe have a pinned thread of those who have passed as an ongoing memoriam?

Back
Top Bottom