The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Caporegime
I did already say that I get similar performance to one of the sources you quote, is just that the Fuji isn't that much worse in actual use. Certainly not the 3x you quoted earlier in my own experience.

Edit: removed overly argumentative twaddle.
Well in summary I had Fuji the last 2 years and in my (same) use cases I get 2-3x the battery life. That's all I can tell you, and it seems many others are having the same experience. Your mileage, as always, may vary. :)

Caporegime
Good and bad. They hope they can just fix them with a firmware uodate. Nobody knows how long that will be, it could be months or days.

In the meantime people have a lens they can't trust to hit focus.

Associate
Associate
Good and bad. They hope they can just fix them with a firmware uodate. Nobody knows how long that will be, it could be months or days.

Actually we can, 2 weeks or so they say: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-tamron-28-75mm-fe-firmware-update-will-be-released-in-2-weeks/

In the meantime people have a lens they can't trust to hit focus.

If you read what those who actually own it are saying that doesn't appear to be the case, there's a consistent issue with video but other than that I wouldn't blow the issue out of proportion.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Yes, as I understand it the problem s limited to video.

Nope. Seen lots on forums with it missing focus altogether on stills or forward focusing on some shots. No consistency on what’s causing it. Some people have no issue at all.

Anyway, hopefully by the time m6 lens comes the firmware update is here.

Soldato
Currently have now

Sony 16-35f4 G
Sony 55mm f1.8 ZA
Sony 85mm f1.8
Sony 100-400 f4 to f5.6 GM
Sony 35mm f2.8 ZA

Tamron 28-70 on preorder and then I just want a fast ultra wide for astro. Was going to buy the Batis 18mm but will wait on the sigma fast lenses first. I hope it's a complete new design by sigma as their f1.4 wide lenses on other mounts which should be the ideal astro lenses have the worst coma on the planet and are almost unusable for astro work.

Unusable seems a little extreme. Coma is definitely present on the older Sigmas, but I guess it depends if you're pixel peeking or printing a large format as to whether it is an issue or not. As there's no perfect lens there are always tradeoffs. The Batis isn't as fast and is nearly twice the price.

Hoping to get the Sigma before my trip to the Outer Hebrides in a couple of weeks, but it is the worst possible time of the year for any astro photography up there!

Caporegime
Not even pixel peeping to see how bad the coma is on the sigma on other fornats. Yes the batis is slower but it has zero coma and much sharper across the frame Vs the sigma.

The new tokina 20mm f2 looks like it has potential. Like I said, I hope the sigmas are new lenses and not just their old lenses with a new mount on them otherwise the coma will still be there

Caporegime
Not even pixel peeping to see how bad the coma is on the sigma on other fornats. Yes the batis is slower but it has zero coma and much sharper across the frame Vs the sigma.

The new tokina 20mm f2 looks like it has potential. Like I said, I hope the sigmas are new lenses and not just their old lenses with a new mount on them otherwise the coma will still be there

And optical traits the EF mount has, will be in the FE mount. Why? Because you can send in your EF or F mount to them to have it converted.

Caporegime
There might be some in the future but it makes no business sense since the Art range is their latest and current range.
Agreed, it would have been a horrendous cost and time exercise for them to re-design every major current lense. They will likely wait until Canon and Nikon mirrorless solutions are released and established before gradually starting to release new designs.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Hadn’t had time to research whether they were or weren’t. Was just saying I was waiting for them to be out and hoped they were. Not in a hurry yet, not Milky Way season till August.

You have time to post on forums but no time to quickly read and research camera websites for a couple of minutes per day or two? Ok, makes perfect sense. :p

Back
Top Bottom