• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bought a < £60 1050ti from China. Let's see what it's all about.

Soldato
That's the beast. :) still undecided what to do with it, clearly it's all powerful so is wasted in most applications.

Main problem is they've bodged the card identity and it's got less vRAM than it claims it supports. Try and game on it and you'll get issues.

If it can be flashed back to a 550Ti then it should be usable, but I suspect you'll need a chip programmer for that as nvflash will still think it's a 1050Ti...

Man of Honour
OP
Main problem is they've bodged the card identity and it's got less vRAM than it claims it supports. Try and game on it and you'll get issues.

If it can be flashed back to a 550Ti then it should be usable, but I suspect you'll need a chip programmer for that as nvflash will still think it's a 1050Ti...

Nah it'll be fine... They have only effectively updated label fields. Given that the device ID is still for a 550ti you should be able to still use it without any sketchy issues. If I get time over the next few days ill answer the question on everybody's mind. Can it play Crisis?

Soldato
That sounds hopeful then. Can't remember exactly where, but I've seen a YouTube video on one of the tech channels where a fake 960 card that was in reality a 450 had the device IDs faked as well, and would randomly fall over when the VRAM filled up.

Man of Honour
OP
That sounds hopeful then. Can't remember exactly where, but I've seen a YouTube video on one of the tech channels where a fake 960 card that was in reality a 450 had the device IDs faked as well, and would randomly fall over when the VRAM filled up.

Good to know, at least I know now that if it does do wierd stuff, that it can be flashed back to what it is :)

Man of Honour
OP
I meant 550ti but real.in the sense of all tmus/rops

I'll see what this bad boy does, I bet its like 100h/s for all the power. Still though, I am quite impressed, I appear to have successfully scammed the scammer without even intentionally meaning to :) I simply sent them a fairly long email describing what it actually was and the refund appears to be showing as pending on my credit card already and the product is no longer for sale. Have I found the only non scamming scammer out there?

Man of Honour
Have I found the only non scamming scammer out there?

It is probably worth it to them to simply refund you and relist the items under another seller name and avoid any comeback from fighting the odd person who brings them up on it.

Associate
It is probably worth it to them to simply refund you and relist the items under another seller name and avoid any comeback from fighting the odd person who brings them up on it.

The Buyer: "This graphics card is a fake!"

The Seller:
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

When you've complained to them, you've already had them spend more time and effort than they wanted selling this - it's easier for them to cut losses & run.

Soldato
Problem is I would rather buy from somewhere that isn't an auction site. Somewhere where I can throw it on a credit card and roll the dice :)

just been looking on there and the pictures of the 960, 780ti, 1050ti and 1050 are all the same picture showing same XHVGA design of card with exact same outputs! :) Once you know what you are looking for its very easy to spot.

They are all over the rainforest over the Atlantic too!

This cracked me up

This is a customized version, not original. The pursuit is the cost performance.
Although the interface and performance have changed, it can meet most of the usage requirements in reality.

Man of Honour
OP
This is a customized version, not original. The pursuit is the cost performance.
Although the interface and performance have changed, it can meet most of the usage requirements in reality.

What does this even mean? It can meet most usage requirements in reality? for who? doing what? :D That's one of the best disclaimers I have seen. Might as well say, ladies and gents what you are looking at here is not what it says it is.

Soldato
What does this even mean? It can meet most usage requirements in reality? for who? doing what? :D That's one of the best disclaimers I have seen. Might as well say, ladies and gents what you are looking at here is not what it says it is.
That's like saying "Although the appearance and performance have changed, this car will still meet the basic need of taking someone from A to B in reality" lol

Back
Top Bottom