Upgrading current system

Associate
Hello

As the title states, I am currently looking into upgrading my current rig: my stats are as follows:

Win 10
MSI Lightning 290x
i5 4690k @ 3.50 o/c'ed to 4.00 ghz
8G DDR3 Ram
Acer XR34 3440 x 1440
SSD Hard drive
650w Superflower Power supply

My first choice of upgrade would be to upgrade the GPU with one of the current deals on Vega 54 as outlined by Gibbo in this post:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...l-june-30th-vega-56-450-vega-64-550.18820848/

Ive been holding off for so long to upgrade my GPU given the underwhelming launch of Vega and the subsequent rise in price due to the miners, feels like its now or never...

That being the case i suppose my first questions would be, which of the 3 Vega 54s would be the best choice and why?

Secondly in relation the GPU upgrade, would i be required to upgrade my power supply also?

Thirdly, will i see a vast improvement by gaining an extra 8 gig of DDR3 ram if i upgrade to 16 gig?

and lastly, how is my CPU in regards to todays market? should i consider overclocking it further or consider replacing it?

and lastly would i be best to replace the PC rather than carry out the upgrades?

Thanks!

Associate
Your CPU is still fine, at your res the graphics card is doing the heavy lifting.

May be worth holding out for the new nvidia series, will at least adjust pricing I would imagine.

If not, why not a 1080 instead of the AMD card? They are the same price and the 1080 is better AFAIK?

Sorry just noticed you have a Freesync monitor, you can ignore the nvidia part if that's why you wanted AMD.

Back
Top Bottom