Do OCUK stock this?

Soldato
Don't know about these pads but I've been using IC Diamond paste for maybe 5 years now.

I do something with AI and often have computers running 24/7 for weeks and sometimes months. I speak the truth here, not only does ID Diamond paste out perform MX-4 (my own testing), but it's bullet proof it's never degraded on any of the machines I've been running. ID Diamond paste is apply once and forget, it's a quality product and I hold it in same regard as I would Seasonic PSU's, or Western Digital Enterprise drives.

Anyway have no idea why OC UK stopped selling IC Diamond.

Soldato
I don't know how accurate this is but going by user comments around the web this is exactly the same stuff as Panasonic soft PGS that they have re-packaged and overpriced.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that's annoying as you can get a Panasonic soft PGS pad that is pretty close to 30x30mm for a few quid but it has a hole in the middle.

Associate
Yeah, my impression was that its almost as good as paste. Which is impressive for a thermal pad, but not exactly going to change the world as we all already have better paste. I suspect people are going to find interesting niche cases for the stuff, but unlikely to be worthwhile for most people.

Soldato
I’ll stick to TG Kryonaut and Conductonaut thanks.

Applying a non-conductive paste, with surface tension to keep it in place, is already incredibly simple. I get great temps and my little tubes last for ages. I understand people’s reticence with products like conductonaut, but (imo) it’s only for deliding amyway, so if you’re scared of thermal paste you won’t be pulling off the IHS any time soon.

I like to see innovation, but I honestly don’t see any real benefits to the product, especially considering the clamping force required. Plus, surely with handling, dropping etc it’s going to pick up contaminants that reduce performance.

The only places I can see it being useful is in the commercial, education, industrial and public sectors, where computers are often neglected and remain in service for orders of magnitude longer than our enthusiast machines.

For those of you who’re interested in this, can I ask why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom