Fanatec Clubsport/Sim racer Thread

Soldato
Nice! - If only I could get away with spending that amount of money on a Direct drive wheel without the misses knowing... Lol.
Unfortunately, my limit is the Fanatec CSW, which is as close as I'm gonna get to a direct drive. Very Envious indeed! :)

Thanks, though I've just sold the Thrustmaster wheel, and awaiting my Fanatec Clubsport base v2.5, and the GT Motorsport universal hub to arrive this week Weds from Germany. :)

Love it! - I bet it is a beast indeed, as the TS-XW had 6.4NM of torque which was strong enough, and if that's the 20NM Servo, then that is thumb snapping torque!! Very envious, enjoy it mate. :)
Yeah its the 20nm mige with 2million ppr encoder. It has caught me out a few times snapping back when i hit to much of the kerb.

Associate
OP
Yeah its the 20nm mige with 2million ppr encoder. It has caught me out a few times snapping back when i hit to much of the kerb.

Well you're going to have to get used to how they drive in the Army/off road, and have your thumbs resting on top of the rim, away from the snap back. :)

Shame you ain't closer, as I would love to experience a Direct drive wheel. ;)

Soldato
Well you're going to have to get used to how they drive in the Army/off road, and have your thumbs resting on top of the rim, away from the snap back. :)

Shame you ain't closer, as I would love to experience a Direct drive wheel. ;)
Yeah you could have come round and have your thumbs broken.:p DD is like a t300 but smoother,faster,more powerful. Ive heard it said the Fanatec v2.5 is the closest thing. Does a smaller Dd wheel not tempt you? You can get them in 7,10,12 nm varients from simplicity. DD + VR + JETSEAT = :eek:
Link to jetseat https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html its tactile feedback like buttkickers but without the cost,amps and complaints off the neighbours about noise.

Associate
OP
Yeah you could have come round and have your thumbs broken.:p DD is like a t300 but smoother,faster,more powerful. Ive heard it said the Fanatec v2.5 is the closest thing. Does a smaller Dd wheel not tempt you? You can get them in 7,10,12 nm varients from simplicity. DD + VR + JETSEAT = :eek:
Link to jetseat https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html its tactile feedback like buttkickers but without the cost,amps and complaints off the neighbours about noise.

When clicking on that link you posted and having a look at the other DD, like the 7nm one, it does seems very reasonable, and if I had known before purchasing from Fanatec, I may of went that route instead... But then knowing me, I would want the top dog. So think I'll be holding on to the Fanatec stuff until DD starts to be more mainstream, as Fanatec have designed their own Podium series, which is due out this year. :)

Associate
OP
Awesome! It does look the part too. :)

Well my Clubsport wheel base V2.5 arrived today.

Just a shifter and the McLaren GT3 rim with some dual clutch paddle goodness left to get.

Also have an SRH Dash Pro on the way. :)
HPLJ47v.jpg

Ac157Ii.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i liked em but i could never get the minute feel i wanted.the quality of the build and the looks is amazing almost like art.

I have them setup nicely with the stronger springs for the clutch and throttle. The brake I've set to 2.5 with no performance kit or dampener. Also have the brake force at 25 on the wheel which gives me threshold braking without looking the wheels.
So they seem to work good with me.

They do look the part, that's for sure. :)

Love the McLaren wheel.

Me too, though I can't wait to grab one next month once they become available again. :)

Caporegime
i couldnt get them soft enough for how i like.that was my issue.too mechanical.if you know what i mean.when you pushing right on the edge the very thin bit inbetween is the difference.i guess thats why most of the world records are smashed on logitech gear. :p . realism though high gear is better. for speed world records stick to logitech stuff.

Associate
This thread pushed me over the limit. Just ordered my Fanatec clubsport package:-

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One

ClubSport Wheel Rim Round 1

ClubSport Pedals V3

ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit

Its to upgrade my very old G25 which is now starting to 'click' when its all warmed up. I hope it a worthy upgrade. I didn't get the discounted package because I never use my Logitech shifter, so saved some money removing it off the list even though I lost the 150 euros.

Can anyone measure the V3 pedals and give me a width dimension? I need to see if they fit in-between my custom seat frame. I want to make sure I have it ready to be used when it arrives or I will go mad trying to widen the frame and set it all up in one evening.

Thanks

Soldato
This thread pushed me over the limit. Just ordered my Fanatec clubsport package:-

ClubSport Pedals V3

Its to upgrade my very old G25 which is now starting to 'click' when its all warmed up. I hope it a worthy upgrade. I didn't get the discounted package because I never use my Logitech shifter, so saved some money removing it off the list even though I lost the 150 euros.

Can anyone measure the V3 pedals and give me a width dimension? I need to see if they fit in-between my custom seat frame. I want to make sure I have it ready to be used when it arrives or I will go mad trying to widen the frame and set it all up in one evening.

Thanks
https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSP-V3_DrillingTemplate-A2_02.pdf

Tile print in to scale and tape together :D

Associate
Well its not going to fit, 10mm more and I would be ok. Looks like the welding machine will have to be dusted off to widen my framework. I might beef it up for the new stronger wheel.

Thanks for the link, I will use it to predrill to allow me to unpack and mount it in minimal time.

Associate
OP

ClubSport Pedals V3

Thanks

Very nice! - I had a G25 for 10yrs, then bought a Thrustmaster TS-XW racer which was a massive upgrade, which I had for a few months, but I've always wanted to go for Fanatec.

The build quality is second to none, and they look the part.

Was the V2.5 worth the upgrade from the TS-XW? Short answer, no.
I hardly got any clipping with the TS-XW, and yet I could run it at 100% ffb and it felt stronger than the V2.5 with amazing detail. The V2.5 ffb had to be reduced a lot, to prevent clipping, though it is silky smooth. The V2.5 is very noisy and rattles a lot compared to the TS-XW, but once you drop the ffb to 70% in game, then if feels just like the TS-XW. So in my opinion, it was more of a side grade in regards to ffb detail.
But build quality and looks is a massive upgrade.

The V3 pedals are amazing, especially in Project Cars 2, as the vibration motors rumble when you're wheel spinning, and you get ABS rumble on the brake. (Though I much prefer the ffb from the wheel spin and tyre slip in Assetto Corsa, which rattles your wheel like in a real car.)

I would try the brake without the performance kit, and at the factory setting. As I prefer a bit more travel than having a type of pressure plate that doesn't move much.

You know you should have bought the deal with the shifter, and sold me the shifter, as I will be ordering one next month... Lol.

Soldato
Not as fancy as your new toys but just got some CSP V1 pedals added an RC shock to the brake, like the v2's.

Thrustmaster TX, TH8A shifter and a Basherboard CPX V2 so the pedals can be plugged into the wheel thus giving it full compatibility with the Xbox as well as the PC :D

Built myself an analogue handbrake from an old joystick and a DIY wooden enclosure.

All mounted to a next level racing wheelstand, it weighs a ton especially when lugging it into the lounge to use on the Xbox.

Got a G27 as a backup which might sell soon ;)

It'll do me for now.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not as fancy as your new toys but just got some CSP V1 pedals added an RC shock to the brake, like the v2's.

Thrustmaster TX, T3PA shifter and a Basherboard CPX V2 so the pedals can be plugged into the wheel thus giving it full compatibility with the Xbox as well as the PC :D

Built myself an analogue handbrake from an old joystick and a DIY wooden enclosure.

All mounted to a next level racing wheelstand, it weighs a ton especially when lugging it into the lounge to use on the Xbox.

Got a G27 as a backup which might sell soon ;)

It'll do me for now.

Sounds good. I had the T3PA and the T3PA Pro pedals, along with the TH8A Shifter, but I sold it all separately to fund the Fanatec gear.

I loved my G25 which I bought brand new for £100 on a deal 10yrs ago, and sold it for £95.
What a result that was! :)

Back
Top Bottom