Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
I have done goofed.

My r6 has been sat in garage past 12 months due to no time to use it! Battery is flat as a pancake, and wont charge on an optimiser so have ordered a new one.

The biggie. I cannot for the life of me find my Red master key!!!! I know the trouble this brings. Im just not 100% if its needed when a new battery is replaced? anyone know?

If so, is it worth trying to find someone to flash the ecu rather than getting a new one/ignition barrel etc?

:( :( :(

Caporegime
A bike should just bounce to life with the new battery. As Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I don't know how many es dude, don't be awkaard) says, it's a problem elsewhere. First place I'd check is the ignition barrel itself. Look for loose plugs and connectors.

Soldato
Just got back from a trip here!!

vEffzr1.jpg

Weather was a bit overcast

X8rwsUj.jpg

but the track was mostly dry.

SQ4x0KQ.jpg

Went out for a lap with a buddy. Didn't go all out as it was my first time but still managed to rip the tyre up a bit
smile.gif

fRzFcG9.jpg

What a fantastic track! loved every minute of it. I would go back tomorrow if my arse could take it.
Over a 1000 mile round trip and the Dorsoduro didn't miss a beat.

One of the corners, that after run pop!

https://youtu.be/9aHE41BpySU

Man of Honour
A bike should just bounce to life with the new battery. As Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I don't know how many es dude, don't be awkaard) says, it's a problem elsewhere. First place I'd check is the ignition barrel itself. Look for loose plugs and connectors.

Hold up a hand in front of your face. Unless your mum slept with her cousin or you are particularly clumsy then the number of digits matches the number of e's :p

Caporegime
Hold up a hand in front of your face. Unless your mum slept with her cousin or you are particularly clumsy then the number of digits matches the number of e's :p

EUREKA!

Also, can't find anything about your R6 @scottomus0 , but that immobiliser thing is unlikely imo. Start at the ends, so the battery, then the ignition barrel, and move closer so you have the more intricate stuff last.

Soldato
Ordered new tyres for fitting next weekend. I've just gone over 7,500 miles on a set of Metzeler Roadtech 01s. At the MOT I had around 1.5mm left, but that would never survive 2-3,000 miles in Europe next month. They'd also begun to square slightly.

I looked at countless reviews of the Michelin Road 5s, but ultimately I had two concerns - 1) there's very little information out there about how durable they are, and 2) I'm just not sure about the slick edges and wet weather. My last set of Angel GTs were inferior to the Metzelers, and so I've just gone for another set (heavy weight). Hoping the next 7,000 miles will be as good as the last!

Soldato
Ordered new tyres for fitting next weekend. I've just gone over 7,500 miles on a set of Metzeler Roadtech 01s. At the MOT I had around 1.5mm left, but that would never survive 2-3,000 miles in Europe next month. They'd also begun to square slightly.

I looked at countless reviews of the Michelin Road 5s, but ultimately I had two concerns - 1) there's very little information out there about how durable they are, and 2) I'm just not sure about the slick edges and wet weather. My last set of Angel GTs were inferior to the Metzelers, and so I've just gone for another set (heavy weight). Hoping the next 7,000 miles will be as good as the last!
I’ve raved about M7RR, PR4, Angel GT but the Dunlop sport max I have fitted are superb, I am tempted by PR5 but as they are brand new, it’s too early for riders impressions for the general user.

Associate
Traded my MT-09 in last Thursday for a Tracer 900 GT. Only done 400 miles on it so far but I'm blown away by it, amazing bike! Looking forward to a trip round Europe on it 1st week of July :)

Associate
Guyssssss, my bike is finally working after all.

It seems the New battery that was sent was almost dead itself...So put it on the optimiser and turned the key and we had progress of a flashing key light! Left it overnight to charge unplugged from the bike, hooked it back up at wallah, its alive. Thank god. Still doesn't solve the problem of having to find the red key at some point haha!

Now who fancies a ride :D

Man of Honour
Guyssssss, my bike is finally working after all.

It seems the New battery that was sent was almost dead itself...So put it on the optimiser and turned the key and we had progress of a flashing key light! Left it overnight to charge unplugged from the bike, hooked it back up at wallah, its alive. Thank god. Still doesn't solve the problem of having to find the red key at some point haha!

Now who fancies a ride :D

Sure pop over, I get my bike back tomorrow.

Associate
I have done goofed.

My r6 has been sat in garage past 12 months due to no time to use it! Battery is flat as a pancake, and wont charge on an optimiser so have ordered a new one.

The biggie. I cannot for the life of me find my Red master key!!!! I know the trouble this brings. Im just not 100% if its needed when a new battery is replaced? anyone know?

If so, is it worth trying to find someone to flash the ecu rather than getting a new one/ignition barrel etc?

:( :( :(

Bit late to this one but I was off the road for 3 months last year and my battery was drained. I tried recovering it with my optimate charger but it was still dead a day later. I took the battery out of the bike and used my heavy duty car charger (has a bike option) - it recovered the battery within a couple of hours and it worked fine once back in the bike!

Back
Top Bottom