Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
A scruffy car and cat.

adocw-12eDd_AmMIj9i-3Z3S211bmGXGd3TZeIyY9p7UmbXY7_d5x_H-7jFASqLL2PMAR5KXtKCa1zZXBLKoU58YEvrDFntuC4n5H9jHbRhsqcLo_YEILAMC5pOD5ktUm6KHWa6aO_wMOIQMeDwAJVIYmAMutEECYIXHXJicRh9OBsqKhdRmJOdEhQFgyyjUFjdbr2XlqwR33wh10gkoDYEK9KpelJ3R5KKfrQGCfGcosiMx7kaPFywynQ8-MJ0xH55rWFV0U11MK7fx8wwRTmLFCQQ5XFd2bm9wY0IWpsN1XNbf3qJEjo-M6D3R97WrbCnETqRX-TTXqXEdZ6tv4DTyS8HOqrxFwMn0jWSBoYYwcpXfcRr6eL_i90EKWszlqLxF3J-hKWAYzVFf-34Z6BkswUuIHHFP5a-vWtMeUgWnL9UpLs03S_5Pa8piCTzRXBSCHyxYZE3TFZHn6o1jMj-jWXQjLdu786X1FSQXsSw6BqcY55RNEqHARHHHhoKNKQFhMH3BnoUj1se1ngnt1ixZsi6uY9LHjfzjmtnvXhzr8BoVUmZK8PaJQTsRBSeM9jWAfvaMX6h3DyKHhbziO7EcHvub4j66dbEPRSw=w1061-h796-no

Associate
jirBzLu.jpg
my pride and joy :)

Nice car, enjoy! Like that colour on the GTIs, underrated.

What on earth is the redline between the headlights? Is that from factory? Hideous.

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. It's the GTI brand. I think it's just the newer model year that has the extra bits that follow the DRLs, the last one was just a straight line all the way through the headlight. Like so:

6isew1.jpg

Associate
Isn't that a lease anyway? Seems weird to call something you don't own your pride and joy.

cheapest way of new car ownership - the fact that my name isnt on the V5C doesnt matter to me - I save something like £1-2k in depreciation / maintenance / VED / road tax costs rather than having my name on the document.

Its a pleasure to drive :p - coming from a 14 year old Golf Mk5, its a dream.

Performance Pack?

No - wasnt worth it from a leasing perspective. got the upgraded alloys for free though :D

Soldato
cheapest way of new car ownership - the fact that my name isnt on the V5C doesnt matter to me - I save something like £1-2k in depreciation / maintenance / VED / road tax costs rather than having my name on the document.

Except it's not because there's no car ownership involved for you. You're just paying 38%~ of the list price to rent it for 3 years, which is surely more than a Golf GTI depreciates? Also you're still paying for maintenance and VED with a lease surely?...

Sorry, don't mean to pee all over your parade but it sounds like you think this is a better deal than it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Except it's not because there's no car ownership involved for you. You're just paying 38%~ of the list price to rent it for 3 years, which is surely more than a Golf GTI depreciates? Also you're still paying for maintenance and VED with a lease surely?...

Sorry, don't mean to pee all over your parade but it sounds like you think this is a better deal than it is.

Ved is included, maintenance is also not an issue as it's a brand new car with warranty on it.

All in it probably is a little more expensive than buying it yourself but all you're paying is expected depreciation costs which can often be lower or higher than your total over term.

Back
Top Bottom