Detroit: Become Human (PS4 exclusive)

Associate
Finished first play through. Decent game, thought the pacing was a bit slow though and much more heavy rain than beyond 2 souls. Until Dawn will always be my favourite of this type of game though I think as it was intense. This had its moments but at other times was a bit boring. Also not sure my consequence from the first act was ever dealt with. Still decent though and a good concept. I got the ending that only 2% of people got apparently haga and some of my choices had 0% haha. I’d give it 7/10 due to it being slow: can’t believe there is no run mechanic! Maybe after another play through my opinion may alter.

Caporegime
I'd say the second playthrough takes some of the magic away. I'm almost actively trying to kill some of my characters this time and it's still really easy to continue the story

Case in point:
Zlatko - This time I stayed in the machine and didn't escape. But Kara regained her memories by just looking at a few different things. I killed the droid in the bath this time, which had no obvious impact on anything. When I found Alice, I purposely got caught instead of hiding and that just triggered a QTE in which you escape anyway and the ending is still the same

Associate
Was expecting it to be better than it was probably but strangely did find myself enjoying it and I enjoyed the variety of choices. My 1st playthrough I deliberately took one if the characters out early so have loads of their story to discover. Interesting concept and my reaction to it was interesting and it’s not something I thought about until the game. Graphics were good but after god of war they were a little on the soft side. God of war is the best Gfx for cutscenes this gen imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was expecting it to be better than it was probably but strangely did find myself enjoying it and I enjoyed the variety of choices. My 1st playthrough I deliberately took one if the characters out early so have loads of their story to discover. Interesting concept and my reaction to it was interesting and it’s not something I thought about until the game. Graphics were good but after god of war they were a little on the soft side. God of war is the best Gfx for cutscenes this gen imo.

Dark Souls REM has stopped me playing this altogether. Heavy Rain, Indigo Prophecy would have had me playing till end, Two Souls maybe not, but this along with God of War(with its simplistic and repetitive combat) have been massive disappointments. Roll on Read Dead 2.

Associate
Can’t be bothered to play it through again. Gonna trade it in at cex and it’ll only have cost me a tenner. Glad I played it but not great tbh. Voice acting was pretty poor too in parts.

Soldato
Finished my first play last night really enjoyed it. Going to play through again in a few weeks with a different approach.

I thought it was fantastic but I really like these type of games.

Associate
Tbf I traded it in at Cex and got £36 on Saturday and only payed £46 for it from the rainforest. So it cost me a tenner.

Soldato
Can’t be bothered to play it through again. Gonna trade it in at cex and it’ll only have cost me a tenner. Glad I played it but not great tbh. Voice acting was pretty poor too in parts.

:) Imagine trying to act as an android! I think everything so far is good apart from the actual gameplay which is the same setup as all the other games these have released, but most of the QTE's just are bugged simple as that. I have it on the highest difficulty so can only blame it on that. Most of my button presses aren't registered. I thought it was a faulty pad but it isn't.

Soldato
I completed this last week and really enjoyed it, it's certainly the best Quantic Dream game so far. I can't say I felt too invested in any of the characters and the individual storylines for each were rather cliched, but I'm looking forward to playing again one day and exploring completely different decisions and seeing some scenes that didn't even happen in my play through. I felt like some more aspects of how and why the androids were suddenly becoming sentient could have been explored further too.

The visuals were excellent, I'm on a base PS4 and it really did look superb and mostly kept a fairly steady framerate.

Soldato
Well completed this. Since QuanticDreams started making these types of games(Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Two Souls) this is by far the worst game of this type. Started fine but became a chore. 5/10, as for the acting well the standard for this genre was taken much higher with Until Dawn, the gameplay is much better too and story in Until Dawn. Dull Detroit.

Soldato
Finished over the the Christmas break - best Quantic Dream game so far, for me, utterly brilliant from start to finish - great connection to the various characters; just another epic interactive story from these folks!

An easy 8/10 - but that's only because it's quite a limited type of game - as with all the previous QD games, they're more interactive stories. But what you get, is really really good imo.

Associate
Finished this last night, Kara/Alice story was the only one I cared about, Connor was by far the most interesting and had the most enjoyable sections to play and as for Markus, I couldn't stand him or his story.

Overall was an enjoyable enough experience, looks great and some great voice acting. I'd prob give it a 7/7.5 at most, have zero interest in playing it again though, will look up YouTube to see the different endings/outcomes etc.

Back
Top Bottom