What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished Safe this week. Weird accent for Dexter, didn’t even realise he was British! I enjoyed it, although it was a bit unbelievable in parts. Overall a solid watch though. First 4 episodes are better than the last 4 but it’s nice to have a series that isn’t looking for a sequel.

Really enjoying Santa Clarita Diet season 2 as well - it’s the right amount of tongue in cheek, gross out and likeable characters.

Associate
Finished Safe this week. Weird accent for Dexter, didn’t even realise he was British! I enjoyed it, although it was a bit unbelievable in parts. Overall a solid watch though. First 4 episodes are better than the last 4 but it’s nice to have a series that isn’t looking for a sequel.

Really enjoying Santa Clarita Diet season 2 as well - it’s the right amount of tongue in cheek, gross out and likeable characters.

He was born in the USA North Carolina ;)

Cheers all

Associate
Watching Happy at the mo, three episodes in and loving it. Will try and get Stranger Things S2 started with my daughter but study has priority and she prefers a PS4 game for any chillout time with me. I think I have the last episode of Lethal Weapon S2 to watch with my wife, it won't be the same without Clayne Crawford in S3.

I keep meaning to watch Westworld, as no one else in the is bothered about it, but I need to get a decent pair of wired headphones for TV use and always have better things to spend money on.

Soldato
Finished Bojack Horseman S3. Seems a bit hyperbolic when describing a cartoon, but it was simply incredible. A notable step up from the first two seasons (and they were great) .

Just started Altered Carbon. Enjoyed the first episode.

Soldato
Just watched the finale of 'The Americans'. Wow. Great finish. Very emotional. I watch a lot of TV, I think I put this 3rd in my all time list tied with 'Justified' and behind 'Breaking Bad' and 'Game of Thrones'.

Soldato
I've managed to avoid 'The Bridge' until now, but I watched the first couple of episodes of the new series that's on BBC2 now and have ended up deep down the subtitled rabbit hole. I have a few quibbles about some of the villains, but... Great TV if you can retrain your brain to concentrate. Subtitles are not compatible with lazy modern viewing habits... says the man about to rewind the last few minutes of episode one, series three.

They're all on iPlayer for another two or three weeks.

Soldato
Altered Carbon - very good sci-fi albeit with a few flaws.
Westworld - excellent
The Expanse - excellent
Counterpart - very good
The Walking Dead - haters gonna hate, but amazing TV.

Associate
Just finished the 3rd season on lilihammer, can’t believe they put a stop to it after that. I think it was really good an kept on going for a couple more. Netflix apparently put a stop to it

Associate
Finished Cobra Kai. Quite enjoyed it, and although not revelatory it was a good solid series deserving of more episodes. Although I really wanted the story to end up slightly differently to the way it did as I feel like the good kid Miguel is inherently deserving of better.

Back
Top Bottom