**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Really not interested in MMO or co-op play. Just want a new Fallout with the lessons learned and bugs fixed from FO4 (i.e. no Preston Garvey endless spam missions and optimized scene loading time). At least there needs to be a solo play mode like Elite Dangerous so you can affect the world without getting seal clubbed by the gankers.

Soldato
Really not interested in MMO or co-op play. Just want a new Fallout with the lessons learned and bugs fixed from FO4 (i.e. no Preston Garvey endless spam missions and optimized scene loading time). At least there needs to be a solo play mode like Elite Dangerous so you can affect the world without getting seal clubbed by the gankers.

From what I gather its co-op not an MMO,and people have pointed to the board game in the trailer with 5 players,so 5 player co-op??

Soldato
Depends if the co op and the whole game requires to be online always despite the fact it's not a mmo. I wonder if it might be a game "service" type game with updates and pay stuff to keep players playing the game.

Associate
From what I gather its co-op not an MMO,and people have pointed to the board game in the trailer with 5 players,so 5 player co-op??

It was established in Fallout 4 that there are 5 Unstoppables. If you are going to depict a board game about the Unstoppables it's natural to make it for up to 5 players.
What may be more relevant is that game is called Unstoppables Shindig (written as ShiNdig which makes it tricky to read), and it is a multiplayer game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do you say that mate? look at borderlands franchise, if anything this is one of the reasons it's so successful because people have the option of playing with friends.

the key thing is that it can't be mandatory to play co-op, some people just don't want to, likewise don't have mandatory drop in/out functionality.

Caporegime
Yeah but Borderlands was designed that way from the outset, while it also has problems, it's two tier system actually feels complete.

Fallout, especially from "lowest effort" Bugthesda not so much, they can't blame Obsidian this time if it goes pear-shaped.

We've had waaaaaaay too many developers just try to hash out an MP component that wasted dev time and engine focus on something that was going to die a few weeks after release, Bethesda already has an issue with story telling being a bit naff.

Soldato
Have to admit I'm excited and worried at the same time, was very disappointed with FO4 at release, actually didn't buy it until just a year ago and never completed it. I am interested in the new one if it's got better mechanics than FO4 and the interface isn't horrendous, I have a feeling it will be just as console friendly and PC unfriendly though.

Soldato
Have to admit I'm excited and worried at the same time, was very disappointed with FO4 at release, actually didn't buy it until just a year ago and never completed it. I am interested in the new one if it's got better mechanics than FO4 and the interface isn't horrendous, I have a feeling it will be just as console friendly and PC unfriendly though.
It was a 'good' game in its own right but iirc Witcher 3 was around at the time and the difference between the two when it came to questing was massive. FO4 looked antiquated by comparison in a lot of areas and as usual, mods were it's saving grace. I found it quite a good game but by the end I just wanted to wipe out every faction because they were so badly designed. Agree about the interface - sadly it is a Bethasshddada hallmark.

8 days left for some solid news!

Soldato
Solid news or nonsense demo? I'm going for the latter as that seems to be the trick now and for the past 5 + years :)
Bethsdada E3 conference :p Last time when they announced FO4, they did a superb job showing us the first trailer along with the ingame mechanics and followed up by releasing Fallout Shelter (tablet game) there and then.

It's coming along nicely!
M9ObhMs.jpg

Soldato

I have no problem with MMO but serious issue with co-op games. Where everyone is rushing and you cannot play at your own leisure.
And if it is co-op like Vermintide etc, i am not interested.

Associate
Biggest problem with trying to force a co-op aspect is the problems it brings with modding and compatibility.

I haven't met a Bethesda game get where I consider the vanilla game much besides than the framework to bolt mods onto.

Back
Top Bottom