What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Came back from Cartagena, absolutely epic time, bike was perfect, got moved up to advanced after the first day with a few others, but decided to drop down to inters to stay as a group.

Can't wait to go again.

GmpJIFP.jpg
TxDj0BJ.jpg
lMMgWBd.jpg
z8YoSlV.jpg
Pe76qxC.jpg
ba1Yfoo.jpg

Soldato
Wasn't today but I finally managed to settle on an exhaust and fit an SC-PROJECT instead of the nasty chrome box it comes with as stock.

o_1cf566hcv1hdhuu187s9vk1aca.JPG

Associate
Changed brake hoses and gave calipers a bit of a much needed cleaning.

6HolBG2.jpg

g380vfT.jpg

YbjcBdJ.jpg

mdQfnp8.jpg

an1BWwX.jpg

7dgZPFb.jpg

kijuAvY.jpg

Feels like it's got new pads and disks now the pistons are free and the fluid is changed and bled.
Rest of the bike is manky as I got caught in the thunderstorm on Friday night.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Exactly what I was thinking, I had a CBR600RR which I thought was narrow but that R1 looks nimble :eek:
There were 4 R1's in the group, but I never really compared them to bikes around it. Now looking at that photo, I started wondering if its an illusion or whenever its actually smaller.

Soldato
Started getting the VFR ready to be put up for sale!

I've done about 6 miles in the last 3 months... :o

So yesterday I got a delivery of the new OEM front fairing from Honda, so set about fitting that. Also tackled the CAT cover, on the updated 5th Gen VFR the CAT is covered by a mild steel heat shield, the rest of the system is stainless steel so doesn't rust but this does, and makes that area look mega tatty.

Half an hour and a bit of sweating later, this is what was left of it (most of the small bits came off just giving it a poke!

And it now looks like this:

I'll be givng the centre stand a coat of black paint, got some heat resistant up to 475c so might do the CAT too, although it might look a bit weird, so may just give it a rub down.

I just need to order a new indicator, then I'll fill it up and take it for a proper run out one evening before getting it MOT's and then putting it up for sale.

Man of Honour
Pulled a nail out of the tire this morning, rode to the garage topped up the air and rode the 35 miles to work. Safe to say Bike Seal tire sealant works.

Soldato
Erm.... broke it, well, yesterday.

Went on a nice run out to the Brecons, and one a bit of a thrash, I lost all power engine power, though not electrical :( Pulled over and 'rebooted' the bike, rode off, then cracked the throttle open again - 8-9k and same issue!

I suspect it's the micro switch in the clutch, as I've recently changed levers - failing that, I'm hoping it's a pinched fuel line, and it just cutting out, due to a requirement for more fuel but not being able to provide it.

Hey ho, more Ducati fun I guess :D

Soldato
Not jelly at all... :p

Is the R1 really that much smaller irl compared to other litre bikes, or is it just the photo that makes it look small?

It's much smaller than people seems to think, it's only when surrounded by other than you can see the difference.
Can 100% confirm that it's very nimble, and slide control is the best thing ever lol

Soldato
Nice ride down to Bognor with a mate for some bacon and eggs by the sea. Note: must get rid of the rear pegs and maybe do something about those mirrors. To those who know, I've decided against trading the 959 in for a V4. Been told we need a new car first :o
IMG_4399.jpg

Soldato
Took the VFR out for probably it's last run last night, 60-ish miles down to Hastings.

Reminded me how good a bike it is, put a proper smile on my face with the howl of the V4 :D

It's booked in for the MOT on Saturday, need to adjust the headlights down a little beforehand, then a couple of jobs after the MOT (remove heated gloves and Tomtom cable, paint centre stand and give it a full wash and detail) before putting it for sale :D

Back
Top Bottom