help pls!

Associate
firstly, apologies if this type of request is not allowed - happy to have the thread closed.

ok here's the situation. I need a wee bit of help with a raspberry pi running a LAMP server, so I was wondering if somebody could be kind enough to help me - I think a live chat / Skype call would be the quickest way and I would be happy to compensate you for your time.

Also, I'd transcribe what happened on this thread in case somebody finds it useful.

Background:
In my house I use a lighting system called Helvar. Light switches are programmable, there is a central server and system of relays and power circuits to turn lights on and off.
The system can also send and accept instructions in the form of data packets via UDP on a specified port.

I have a bit of background with php / apache on Windows, so when I had a bit of spare time I built a series of rules that allowed me to access the lights with a little web-app I created.

Here's the issue, with the help of a former work colleague we put together a LAMP server on a Pi, which hosted this web-app. The problem is I'm rubbish with Linux / Pi :(

I need to make a few changes but I haven't got the time to get reasonably competent (and I don't want to ruin the existing LAMP server). I work two jobs and there's two tots at home, so time is a premium!

What needs fixing:
I'm getting a socket error that needs sorting and I need to get an activity log (text file) operational...
In all probably 30 min to sort out lol

any help appreciated :D

Associate
Have you got any info for us? Error logs and such?
With the lack of info you've currently provided, I'm afraid there's really not much help that can be given.

Back
Top Bottom