***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Permabanned
So your first vape related purchase, you bought an RDA, and your local shop didn't ask if you were a beginner? I hope you know how to build safely, lmao.

My mates have RDAs so fairly clued up on how they work. Coiling and wicking are fairly straight forward and my battery is regulated, so pretty safe as far as I can tell.

Also, your mate sounds like a right ****.

Been blazing for 20 years so wasn’t too big a deal, luckily THC concentrates effects wear off relatively quickly when vaping.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
My mates have RDAs so fairly clued up on how they work. Coiling and wicking are fairly straight forward and my battery is regulated, so pretty safe as far as I can tell.

Been blazing for 20 years so wasn’t too big a deal, luckily THC concentrates effects wear off relatively quickly when vaping.

Alright that's good to hear! At least you're not running a mech mod alongside it. Apologies for coming across as a knob, I just disagree with B&M vape stores selling off 'experienced' gear to potentially new starters, as that's where the accidents happen.

Don
OP
I'm a big fan of the eLeaf Ello when paired with the Joyetech Pro C coils (0.4 Ohm single-coil).
Excellent flavour, good coil life, easy to fill, and absolutely does not leak.

Soldato
First verdict of the Fuchai 213 squonk mod is the RDA it comes with is utter cack. Throw it in the bin. The mod it's self for a regulated squonker so far (24 hours) is very solid and great. The battery safety is amazing! Menu can be a bit cumbersome but thankfully I found a details article on how to navigate it easily so it wasn't too much hassle.

The Drop RDA is amazing, no lie, it's a little tall because of the coil mounting position but other than that, very nicely made, cool air flow adjustment and overall I'm impressed.

The ONLY downsides are the tank with the Fuchai, it's 5ml (if that), super small so I'm having to fill it up twice as often as most other tanks. As for the RDA, you need HUGE wicks to get the cotton to sit in the pool if you're squonking. Meaning the moment you squonk, you've got a good 30 seconds or so for that juice to work it's way up to the coil. Other than that, I'm just tinkering with temps to find the best range as I got my new zample box with 11 flavors to try. As it stands, I'm sitting around 65w (on KA1 Alien coils, so no temperature control), anything higher seems to destroy flavor.

I'm on Tyrant Assassin right now, it's very mellow but tasty, I'd say it focuses on clouds more than taste. Next juice I'll grab from the pack is Alien **** II. It looks and smells horrible so figured I'd start with the worst now.

Soldato
Not had much motivation when it comes to building RDA's etc like I used too, but looking to buy my first Squonk mod and after hearing all the hype I've decided on a Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80w.

It appears to be in stock over at "Ecigone" but I've never used them before, are they reputable? I know some sites appear to be a UK seller but then ship from China which I'm trying to avoid.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Not had much motivation when it comes to building RDA's etc like I used too, but looking to buy my first Squonk mod and after hearing all the hype I've decided on a Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80w.

It appears to be in stock over at "Ecigone" but I've never used them before, are they reputable? I know some sites appear to be a UK seller but then ship from China which I'm trying to avoid.

They're legit mate.

Soldato
Just mixed up some rhubarb and custard I'm hoping 65/35 will help give me more flav and also thick enough in VG to prevent it spilling like mad.

Also some strawberry ripe at 8% 70/30

And muffin man clone 70/30

Max VG hasn't been great for flav so hoping a bit of Pg helps, tho Pg seems to make my 0.4 coils on the exo spit a lot at above 40w so hoped ought VG in.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Just mixed up some rhubarb and custard I'm hoping 65/35 will help give me more flav and also thick enough in VG to prevent it spilling like mad.

Also some strawberry ripe at 8% 70/30

And muffin man clone 70/30

Max VG hasn't been great for flav so hoping a bit of Pg helps, tho Pg seems to make my 0.4 coils on the exo spit a lot at above 40w so hoped ought VG in.

If your coil spits it's not usually because of a thin juice, it's due to wicking.

Soldato
Any recommendations for a Single Coil Squonk RDA? I'm tempted to jump on the hype train of the Recurve by Mike Vapes.

The Pulse BF 80w comes with an 18650 adaptor but should I bother with a 20700 battery? (I've been out of the loop) I'm familiar with 18650's such as Samsung 30Q / Samsung 25R but not so much in terms of 20700's.

Caporegime
Single coil squonk rda’s?? Well the dead rabbit sq is a good one, one of my faves at the moment.
I have a recurve as well and it’s pretty decent tbh, quite liking it. But my 2 faves are the psyclone mods hadaly and entheon rda’s. But they are both pretty pricey, hadaly is hard to get now but you can cheap clones which from what I’ve heard are not that bad.

I have a 20700 squonk mod and I prefer the extra battery life. The best 20700’s are the Sanyo A batteries but they are almost impossible to get. Luckily I managed to nab a couple of gold vapcell Sanyo A re-wrapped batteries, cost me close to £30 though.

I have the hotcig rsq which is a brilliant 18650 squonk mod. I use a Samsung 30q battery that I use in it and easily get a day or 2 out of it.

Soldato
The Dead Rabbit SQ - Looks a good option and the styling is more my cup of tea but i'll have to go Fasttech with this one as I'd like the Matte Black version to go with the Black Carbon Pulse BF.

If you could only keep one between the Dead Rabbit and Recurve which would you pick? :D

I've looked at the Hadaly but the price and always out of stocks has put me off so i'll give that a miss.

On the battery front i'll stick with 18650's until the 20700's become more main stream and not out of stock everywhere :) Thanks.

Caporegime
Hmmm difficult to choose which one but if pushed I’d probably say the dead rabbit sq for me. The recurve is pretty damn good though in all honesty, I didn’t think it would be any good but for me the dead rabbit sq just slightly pips it as I find it’s easier to build on the dead rabbit. The recurve is a bit fiddly to build on, well for me it is but I think I just need a bit more practice with it.

Yes the entheon and hadaly, the authentic ones are expensive but on fasttech you can find clones which are much cheaper and just as good as the authentics.

Yep the decent 20700’s are like hens teeth, the vapcells I got was out of pure luck. Went one evening in fogstar and saw them and quickly nabbed a pair. I went back an hr later and it was sold out and no idea when they will be back in stock if at all.

But Samsung 30qs are pretty decent 18650 batteries, I have about 4 of them that I rotate with my 2 18650 mods.

Soldato
Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
The cheaper INR200700S's would do the trick then I guess as it's only for a 80w mod which will be running single coils only.

I'm guessing most chargers that fit 18650's will be fine for the 200700's?

Should be fine mate. The Vapcell ones on Fogstar are re-wrapped Sanyo A's anyway. What charger have you got?

Back
Top Bottom