Where on Earth can I get distilled water in the UK?

Associate
i bought some from ebay (dont know if allowed to post link) REMOVED THEN IF NOT ALLOWED

Just look on there shop you can get it with free delivery as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish people would read the OP and the thread, and realise that no one asked for deionised and 15 people already tried suggesting it... :o

I had this same problem and ended up harvesting water from my dehumidifier. Problem is it costs about £1/day to run so it works out £1/L but at least it helps keep my basement dry! Would much rather have bought it but I need 35L for a laser cutter and that gets pricy by post. You can buy plug in distillers that are cheaper to run apparently, and fast.

Looking forward to seeing if my pharmacist can sell me some!

Associate
I bought a water distiller a few years back and it makes 4 litres every couple of hours. Got a big 5 gallon drum full in my loft made the other week for my loops.

If you live near or in Lincoln then feel free to pop round and take some, bring a container though :)

Soldato
I wish people would read the OP and the thread, and realise that no one asked for deionised and 15 people already tried suggesting it... :o

Given the original post was forever ago its not for the OP, Not suggesting it was distilled or alternative just as a good source of cheap water to flush things out instead of tap... Hence the quote with the post.

Soldato
Surprised no one has come up with a cheap nonconducting fluid yet for PC loops?
Most liquids will generally become conductive over time - deionised water is nonconductive for a while but reionises quite quickly. Anything with enough additives to be fully non conductive is usually less efficient at cooling and often expensive.

Soldato
Most liquids will generally become conductive over time - deionised water is nonconductive for a while but reionises quite quickly. Anything with enough additives to be fully non conductive is usually less efficient at cooling and often expensive.

It doesn't happen very often that the cheapest option (water) also happens to be the best (cooling). There, off course, has to be a catch, it conducts electricity ;)

Edit: autocorrect!

Associate
I get my Distilled from a Tattoo Parlour supplier, Barbers DTS at £5 per 5 litre container. They have free delivery but I can't remember if there's a minimum order for it as I buy 20 litres at a time.

Back
Top Bottom