Destiny 2

Soldato
The annual pass is dropping 3 more "end game" DLC's. Winter 18, Spring 19 and Summer 19.

This expansion looks good, but I honeslty don't want all my gear messed around as I like it the way it is...

Soldato
Ok so further clarity on the "Annual Pass".

It seems to effectively replace a season pass and will provide additional content (split into 3 per the roadmap) of end game activities, weapons, armour, lore etc. There won't be expansions to the story in the same sense as previous expansions (no new cut scenes but we may get additional quests).

Hmmmm, I am really not sure what to make of that. If there is no new story elements (or limited ones) being introduced isn't this annual pass only providing what we assumed the Micro transactions were going to provide? I am struggling to see what something like this would provide (at a cost) that say SRL didn't (weapons aside).

Is it a case that in D2: Forsaken something like SRL / Age of Triumph would be behind the paywall?!

Cozmo on the Destiny reddit has replied to someone confirming that the Annual Pass content will be in addition to their seasonal events. This sounds like an answer until I remembered how utter crap the "events" have been in D2 compared to D1.

TBH I am still confused but at least it isn't on top of a seasonal pass.

Soldato
oh great. I'll add £80 a year to my financial planning. Was hoping this would be part of the Premium pass I just paid for recently.

Time to stop grinding then. I'm sure this Destiny 2.5 will give away drops far superior to what we are all working towards today and render all todays efforts useless.

Gambit mode sounded interesting - other than that these guys should work for Apple. Take a bit of Destiny 1 (sure we had triumphs in there) - add a bit of Destiny 2 (collections) and rebrand it as a whole new idea!
Lol at the bit about "We've created a new game based on user feedback" - Isn't that what they were doing with D1?

Soldato
Development_Roadmap_1.png

Soldato
I'm glad Bounties are coming back. Been replaying Destiny 1 again recently and love doing them. One thing I do want.. is rank increases for the reputation! Not just "fill up a bar, do it again"

Soldato
Destiny Hotfix 1.2.1.1

0h - Destiny Dev Team
Activities
  • Fixed an issue where Nightfall Unique Rewards were not available

Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App
  • Fixed an issue where players could fully un-equip weapons from weapon slots using the Bungie.net API

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where players with Nvidia-powered laptops would launch into a permanent black screen and were unable to progress to gameplay

Soldato
Sunday, can we get a 9-man together to try and do some EP's please guys? I'm not having much luck online with other. Also, how do you guys get a raid? All the LFG's I've seen want 10+ clears, and I've not even done 1 yet...

Associate
oh great. I'll add £80 a year to my financial planning. Was hoping this would be part of the Premium pass I just paid for recently.

Time to stop grinding then. I'm sure this Destiny 2.5 will give away drops far superior to what we are all working towards today and render all todays efforts useless.
*£60 for Y2, assuming you already own full Y1 D2.

The £30 pass would have been for the DLC 1/2, same as D1. As you've said though, you'll turbo past the current LL if you wait until Foresaken. If I had any self control, waiting 1 year and buying this Forsaken Digital Deluxe package would have been the best value by far (assuming it includes CoO & WM)

At the end of the day, £60 is a tank of fuel (that personally lasts me a week) If you still want to play Destiny, then £60 is the price for another ~> 100hrs content. Bungie have burnt all of their good faith with me, but I'm hopeful for Foresaken and Y2.

Associate
Destiny 2 currently free on xbox, so I gave it a go.

Wow what happen? Story really bad so far.

Graphic style, sound and music still very good.

Edit: now unlocked strikes, first was really bad, but 2nd strike was very good, had loads of laser beems.

2nd tank mission so much better then first one at start.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow what happen? Story really bad so far.
Story went real bad with D2 man. Main story is almost Destiny: Justice League, trivial boss fight at the end. Then the two DLC stories are so rushed and terribly explained, they just make a mockery of key lore (Osiris and Rasputin)

Funny TL/DR of Warmind:
Some random guardian sends out a distress signal. You go over, kill Hive, and find this random guardian chick that seems really into the place you busted into. Oh, also Rasputin, humanity's super weapon was actually here the whole time and not on Earth at all, you know, the one you were apparently dealing with during D1. SURPRISE! Zavala is also there too. Oh, apparently there's some giant worm thing that's one of the Hive's gods. Go get the Traveler's shard to bait it out in the open. Stick it in one of his holes, also don't mind that one big wizard. He's already dead anyways. Oh no! You are stunned by Xol! Now he's gonna kil- wait, nevermind. You just get buried in snow. Oh, Xol's attacking Rasputin now so go break a bunch of **** in the facility to make it blow up. However, nothing blows up, and here's the Valkyrie again. Now go kill Xol, probably with Celestial Nighthawk or something because you don't even need the Valkyrie anyways. Yay! He's dead, let's go see how cool Rasputin looks!

How have you been anyway mate?

@jpm @redrooster303 Cool to watch those vids back, we had some good times :) I just can't go back to Destiny console now though :/

jpm

jpm

Associate
@jpm @redrooster303 Cool to watch those vids back, we had some good times :) I just can't go back to Destiny console now though :/

I know what you mean, I still play PC and it can take some adjustment going back to console but I do get used to it after about 30 mins or so.

Yeah good times indeed, specially on the death singer challenge for a couple of hours and then downing Crota in minutes :D

Soldato
Well I should be on today / tonight to grind for the Sunshot catalyst. You only have until weekly reset to get the tokens...

I will try and prevent my rage from consuming me.. I can't guarantee my music choice will reflect my calm demeanor...

Associate
this has probably been asked a few times but im gunna ask anyway.
Is this still worth picking up? Roosters videos reminded me of the good ol' days of D1 with the OCUK boys.
I didnt get this one are launch in the end with the new born at the time, but he's bit older now so have bit more time.

Back
Top Bottom