Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Nose spray, tablets, eye drops. Nothing is working for me. By the time I get to doctors it'll probably be over. Just have to put up with it.

Caporegime
Has anyone else had their symptoms completely change? I used to get the runny nose and itchy eyes but now I just feel like someone's inflating a balloon in my sinus cavity. It hurts like hell!

Sgarrista
Commissario
Been popping 240mg fexo a day in the morning topped up with acrivastine every 6 hours until bedtime. Is keeping it under control, though am aware this is quite the daily overdose. However standard 1 a day isnt doing anything to stop it.

Caporegime
Best advice relating to Hayfever I ever had was from a Pharmacist who told me to wash my face every few hours when the symptoms were really bad.

At the moment I am showering before bed as well to wash pollen off.

Soldato
My heyfever had been the worst its ever been this year... I thought it was winding down as I went through uni but it's been back for a couple of years. This year has been nuts, constant noise streaming, eyes itching (Which I never used to get) face aching.

I now live in a city with bad pollution - do you reckon that could be anything to do with it?

Soldato
Best advice relating to Hayfever I ever had was from a Pharmacist who told me to wash my face every few hours when the symptoms were really bad.

At the moment I am showering before bed as well to wash pollen off.
Yes I’ve been told to shower when getting home or of a night to get the pollen off by a doctor also. Another tip I was given was to also put Vaseline up my nostrils before leaving the house as the pollen sticks to it or something and it stops as much getting up there. Vicks also works.

Man of Honour
Mine has been absolutely brutal this week. Wake up and my eyes are virtually glued shut and unbearably itchy for about half hour. I've pretty much had tissue up my nose 24/7, luckily I work from home, as it's the only way I stop sneezing. My usual medication doesn't even touch it this week :(

Soldato
have been suffering big time this year.. the past week has been a hell.

nothing seems to really help!

I've got blocked nose, dry lips, sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy throat, runny nose.

just feel like a zombie, can't enjoy this weather!

haymax + tablets + eye drops sorta help a little but still suffering.

Soldato
Here's an interesting little thing: I started cycling to work two years ago, in the summer (especially now) the bridleways are totally overgrown with nettles, I get stung to pieces twice a day... But my hayfever over the last two years has been surprisingly ok. I've had it since a young age, for 6 months of the year, usually a concoction or one a day tablets and beconase, wearing glasses where possible and a shower before bed has kept it manageable. But it has started very late for me this year, and the symptoms have been fairly minor (worst day was yesterday after my ride home). Coincidence perhaps, but if you want to, go throw yourself in a nettle bed three days a week. :D

Soldato
Its been bad this year and it has not made any better living on a bloody park.

Tree pollen everywhere, my eyes are burning like hell.

Not sure what it is, but this year has been hell the past few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom