8PACK Launches his NEW £10,000 Gaming Machine - The Polaris MK2

OcUK Staff
So 4.7 stable across all 7920x is around 20% of these chips.... Cost of binning to find one statistically is 5 x CPU for starters ....

The cost is justifiable for the product and moreover we have many customers buying 8Pack or infin8 which proves this point.

Man of Honour
So 4.7 stable across all 7920x is around 20% of these chips.... Cost of binning to find one statistically is 5 x CPU for starters ....

The cost is justifiable for the product and moreover we have many customers buying 8Pack or infin8 which proves this point.

I don't doubt for a minute that you have justified the costs and sat down and worked out the profit margin etc you would be a fool not to :) This is business after all. As I said just because I personally don't get it, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what went into it.

Associate
This goes beyond gaming though, this is for someone who games and renders for work.

Ugly colours but each to there own.

A lot of our clients have 8pack machines, but haven't seen one of them actually care what they look like lol. They just want something that is stupidly powerful.

Some are really sad as they are hidden away under a desk... what a shame.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
When you see these things in the flesh, and for the buyer who simply wants the best, there is no doubt they would be drooled over.

Bit surprised that only the 12 core CPU was used. No doubt that is more than sufficient to power the pair of GPUs, but if a flagship system like this doesn't justify Intel's biggest cored CPU, then why are Intel even bothering with such 14, 16, 18 or whatever cores?

Soldato
In production model we will sleave these. The team worked through the night and in total 36hrs straight to build this and getting a very good finish was the priority.

We sell many more 8Pack and infin8 systems than most on these forums would ever imagine. Without all the bling many high end businesses are buying this type of performance and beyond in reasonable quantity.

I did say it was a minor imperfection and obviously didn't know you guys were stuck to a time schedule, it's an otherwise perfect build and if all someone can find a fault with is the sleeving on the front panel headers then I'd say you've done an amazing job considering the harder stuff like the tubing and the milled perspex logo + cooling flowing through it looks bloody fantastic and so precise.

The price I can see arguments for and against as something like this is entering into the realms of art which is all subjective and probably those saying it's not "worth" the £10k tag aren't your target audience anyway

Associate
These appear to be for "money's no object - I want THE best available" buyers.

Obviously, there's a premium to pay for that and a business like OCUK, who need 'halo' products such as this for not just pure sales but marketing also, are happy to provide the product at a premium price. They're a business - good luck to them.

It is drool-worthy, that's for sure. Good effort.

Soldato

I wish I was on these sort of wages. Must only take a day or to 'bin' the CPUs ? So 5 X the cost goes on wages???

It's been said before that the binned chiosgo into none overclocked rigs so there th waste here?

Guys your killing it. Best you don't reply. You get the same thing every time. Internet doesn't miss much.

Soldato
I wish I was on these sort of wages. Must only take a day or to 'bin' the CPUs ? So 5 X the cost goes on wages???

It's been said before that the binned chiosgo into none overclocked rigs so there th waste here?

Guys your killing it. Best you don't reply. You get the same thing every time. Internet doesn't miss much.

Nothing stopping people doing this themselves and saving money, the premium, as with everything is about a business taking on the risk, sourcing parts (custom in this case) and having the skills/confidence to do the work.

I don't personally see any issue with it. If anything I think it's great that a retailer actually does custom work, many don't or outsource it to China and buy in parts pre-modded etc.

Associate
Very, very impressive build quality. If i was to nitpick, i would say that i would expect a CaseLabs case not a Lian Li, more than 2TB of SSD storage and a better processor for £10k. I think 1TB is a waste for an OS drive. 250GB-500GB is fine, and then go for a bigger M.2 / SATA SSD for games etc (lets face it, it's been tested that M.2 is no faster than SATA3 whatsoever when it comes to games loading). I would then expect a couple of large 10TB red drives (RAID1) for data.

Back
Top Bottom