New NH-D15 & NH-U14 coolers
- Probably 2 of the larger A12x25 fans
- 7 heatpipes
New NH-U12 CPU with;
- 2 x A12x25 fans
- 37% more surface area
- 7 heatpipes
140mm version of new A12x25 fans
New Chromax versions of D15, U12s and L9 (All black)

Vid (no english language coverage of the offerings at computex yet)

Soldato
When I first saw the new cromax line of coolers on their counter at a distance they looked like be quiet! coolers. :p

Will be interesting to see hwo well their new 7x heatpipe coolers perform.

The first compact beast I remember is Thermalright Ultima 90 being 6x 6mm heatpipes in a 115x139x55mm (WxHxD) cooler. I've got one and I've been using it for many (is 11 years too many) years now. I'm using one of Thermalright's new TY-127 fans on mine now.
Here is link to review from way back:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/2305/7

Soldato
Will be interesting to see hwo well their new 7x heatpipe coolers perform.
If they increased size more toward original NH-U12 using offset design for memory clearance then it's easy to increase surface area.
But if they've kept size close to NH-U12S then cramming that additional surface area makes fin spacing very cramped, which can compromise cooling at lower fan speeds because of lot higher airflow impedance.

Soldato
wow, does look like bequiet love child...

would have looked better personally if they kept the heatsink silver and the fans black . Kinda just matches their main rivals and other cooling brands

Soldato
If they increased size more toward original NH-U12 using offset design for memory clearance then it's easy to increase surface area.
But if they've kept size close to NH-U12S then cramming that additional surface area makes fin spacing very cramped, which can compromise cooling at lower fan speeds because of lot higher airflow impedance.
True, but with a good fan with 1.5mm H2O or higher even the difference at lower fan speeds isn't much .. obviously becasue fan has more ability to overcome the reisistance. ;)

Soldato
It will be interesting to see how well it actually does compared to D15. D15 is a little better than U14 with 6x 6mm heatpipes, I would expect a smaller fin pack area of U12S with 6x heatpipes to not be better than U14S currently is. It will definitely be interesting to see how the new Noctua coolers perform .. and if the performance is more because of fan changes or actually a better cooler. ;)

Back
Top Bottom