* The Metal Thread *

Associate
\m/ Scarlet Johansson sings metal.. overloading in both singing talent, song being sun (love night wish Tarja era) and the obvious attractive appearance.. Danger Will Robinson!

Great singing, but can't stand some of the comments.. Sure she does a really good work on the song, but how would she actually do on a stage/gig when she would have (generally at least) interact with the crowd? I saw Nightwish 2-3 times with Tarja as their singer and even though Tarja is a great singer I found her quite boring on stage. Floor on the other hand might have the same top level of the range but I find her having a wider range of singing and a damn good stage presence.

Soldato
Stumbled across this after watching some random "reacts" videos:

The tonal shift is awesome.

Not sure on some of their other stuff (simply check on YT) but I really like that song.

And can't help myself with a little more Insomnium:

Finally picked up the new Parkway Drive album after getting sidetracked during a Spotify playlist (as you do). Probably my favourite song from it:

Soldato
@Grandmaster Fap!
Used to love Rotting Christ back in the Khronos days! Fateless was such an epic track.

For anyone born in the 80s, have a gander at my Metal playlist. Kinda tracks naturally from old 90s Heavy Metal stuff (Manson, Pantera, Dope, Metallica, Rob Zombie etc) and sort of ends up in my current preference of newer deathcore/metalcore stuff. I do occasionally add old favourites that I had forgotten about here and there though so it's not an exact timeline. I'm always after suggestions so if you see anything missing (I just noticed the absence of Meshuggah and Cannibal Corpse, for instance) let me know!

Soldato
nice

they dont seem to bad
its nice to see more female vocalists doing what i call hard rock rather than symphonic metal
If you want some hardcore female vocalists I can recommend cursed earth. I swear she was possessed when I saw them live. I thought she was gonna eat my soul.

Back
Top Bottom