**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
That one they sell now is an updated version of what I have, so it maybe quicker.

I use it when I go to bed, if I remember right it is approx. double the time compared to the Samsung charger + cable.

Yep, phone is currently at 72% and it says 1hr 5mins to charge.

Soldato
Chaps, I installed SABS today and all seems good so far. I didn't really need the ad blocking, as I use Samsung Internet + Ad Guard and I don't game. I was mainly after the package disabled that let's me control all the fb and bixby rubbish.

Are there any cons to the app and its blocking though?

Soldato
Anyone else finding the USB port becoming a bit hit and miss for charging? I often have to plug the cable in 3 or 4 times before it will fast charge rather than give me the warning about slow charging. Some cables just don't charge at all any more. Same behaviour across over 10 different cables of varying ages now, so fairly sure it's the port on the phone.

Would use wireless charging more but have a spigen case with the metal plate for magnetic car mount and wireless charging doesn't work through it.

Soldato
Anyone else finding the USB port becoming a bit hit and miss for charging? I often have to plug the cable in 3 or 4 times before it will fast charge rather than give me the warning about slow charging. Some cables just don't charge at all any more. Same behaviour across over 10 different cables of varying ages now, so fairly sure it's the port on the phone.

Would use wireless charging more but have a spigen case with the metal plate for magnetic car mount and wireless charging doesn't work through it.
mine was doing this too. Cable wouldn't stay in properly either.

Carefully get a small needle in and around the port. I had a load of pocket fluff in there. Since cleaning it out it fast charges all the time.

Associate
Well my S8+ has got a nasty impact crack on the top left corner, workmate found it laying face down in the workshop, I expected the worst. Didn't even feel it fall out of my pocket! (Was in a Spigen case too)

It's not insured so I'll need a recommendation for a repair. I've emailed a company called PhoneMend who list repairers, just looking to see if there are any others people can recommend?

Other half has suggested I go into Vodafone as it's on contract with them, but I reckon I'll be in for a dry reaming if I do £££ :o

Associate
I made the switch from iPhone 6S Plus to an S8+ , waiting on it to arrive.

Any must haves or must do's? Also whats the go to case/screen protector?

I never had the iPhone protected because screens are 25 euro and I replace them myself, S8+ screens are nearly 10 times that :o

Soldato
Any recommendations on where one might get a smashed screen repaired ? Not just the glass is afraid whole thing is kaput.

Either online or in the city, priority is oem parts and then price....looks expensive though :(

Soldato
Well my S8+ has got a nasty impact crack on the top left corner, workmate found it laying face down in the workshop, I expected the worst. Didn't even feel it fall out of my pocket! (Was in a Spigen case too)

It's not insured so I'll need a recommendation for a repair. I've emailed a company called PhoneMend who list repairers, just looking to see if there are any others people can recommend?

Other half has suggested I go into Vodafone as it's on contract with them, but I reckon I'll be in for a dry reaming if I do £££ :o

What did you do in the end ?

Man of Honour
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brit.swiftinstaller

New Swift installer system out, you can do everything from the app now without having to tinker with a PC and ADB. Makes theming simpler.

rps20180608_010455_829.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom