Replacement 2.1 Speakers - budget around £60

Associate
Hi,
I've been using a set of Wavemaster Moody 2.1 speakers since 2013, however they are now failing and need replaced :(

The main use for the speakers will be mainly for watching youtube/web videos, playing music and other 'casual' use - I recently bought some headphones for gaming, so while being good for gaming would be a bonus, it's not an essential criteria.

I've looked at a few options already, the Logitech Z333 and the Creative Kratos S3. A few reviews have said that the Kratos is good for gaming but not so much for everything else. The Logitech seem like they are good, including having a detached volume control, right now I think I'm leaning towards these ones.

Does anyone have any experience of these speakers and could share some views? Or are there any other recommendations?

I was considering the newer version of the Wavemaster, though they seem to be around the £80 mark - and given that I'm not really intending these for gaming I'm not sure the extra would be worth it.

thanks.

Associate
OP
I ended up going for the Z337, these seem to be the same as the Z333 but with a bluetooth connection option (only cost an extra £5). The main speaker seem strong, can go quite loud without losing quality (at as far as I can tell, but I'm not an audiophile!). The base doesn't seem as strong as the Wavemasters though (the box is around half the size, so maybe to be expected) but it's not lacking at all. Overall, I'm pretty happy with these, thanks for the feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom