**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Associate
Ordered on Tuesday as an upgrade with Vodafone. Was told it was out of stock at the time but to expect delivery on Friday. Friday comes, still out of stock. Meh!

Associate
The deal with the headphones was good, I managed to get this. The phone is good too, but the price just keeps on falling which isn't a good sign. Was too expensive to begin.

Caporegime
The deal with the headphones was good, I managed to get this. The phone is good too, but the price just keeps on falling which isn't a good sign. Was too expensive to begin.

Agreed. It was only ever a £500 phone imo. I got £50 cashback and £200 for the headphones and a cheap month.y subscription so didn’t overpay.

I do love the phone though

Associate
Agreed. It was only ever a £500 phone imo. I got £50 cashback and £200 for the headphones and a cheap month.y subscription so didn’t overpay.

I do love the phone though
Yeah, I think getting it on a contract was the way to go to get good value from it. I keep reading that the initial reviews were over hyped and that its starting to level off a bit now. It is a great phone, no doubt. And with the headphones, no brainer!

Soldato
i dont know why but every time i play with the P20 pro, i walked out with disappointment.

the screen arent great for £800 phone to be honest, i find it pretty dull and grainy. (same with other P20 pro at other shops)

ive got lenovo P2, surperb screen with a fantastic battery life, the only negative about it is its camera. its very average but crap in dark.

so from my perspective, the only thng is different between my phone and the P20 pro is better camera. that it.

so coming from £200 to £800 for a better camera is a daft move. so i'll keep the P2 for now.

shame.

Permabanned
i dont know why but every time i play with the P20 pro, i walked out with disappointment.

the screen arent great for £800 phone to be honest, i find it pretty dull and grainy. (same with other P20 pro at other shops)

ive got lenovo P2, surperb screen with a fantastic battery life, the only negative about it is its camera. its very average but crap in dark.

so from my perspective, the only thng is different between my phone and the P20 pro is better camera. that it.

so coming from £200 to £800 for a better camera is a daft move. so i'll keep the P2 for now.

shame.
with all those hands on it dirty screen protector ?

Caporegime
To be far it never was or is a £800 phone. I got an email yesterday offering the p20 pro for £23 per month on a two month contract with decent minutes and data.

That makes it £552 even if you ignore the contract minutes and data as being worthless. I got mine for £23 a month on pre order plus £100 up front less the £200 I got for the headphones so I’m actually on £452 for the cost of the phone and the mobile contract for free.

Anybody paying £800 or even £600 for the phone is mental. You can tell from the tariffs on offer that it’s not a £800 phone

Soldato
To be far it never was or is a £800 phone. I got an email yesterday offering the p20 pro for £23 per month on a two month contract with decent minutes and data.

That makes it £552 even if you ignore the contract minutes and data as being worthless. I got mine for £23 a month on pre order plus £100 up front less the £200 I got for the headphones so I’m actually on £452 for the cost of the phone and the mobile contract for free.

Anybody paying £800 or even £600 for the phone is mental. You can tell from the tariffs on offer that it’s not a £800 phone

yep. agree with you 100%. its deffo not £600 better than £200 lenovo P2 phone.

Associate
I guess its worth what you're willing to pay. I paid £700 for the twilight at release. For my tastes and needs, i value this phone more than an s9+ or iphone x.
I dont game on mobile, so take that into consideration.
I prefer the design over the s9 (i dont like the edge screen). For day to day they seem to perform very similar (i wouldnt be surprised after a few months if the samsung started to lag). However, the battery life of the p20 is much better.
In 7hr tests they both seem on par. But in day to day normal use the p20 lasts a lot longer. This to me is a much bigger difference than the bump up in resolution.

Or maybe im coming from the wrong pov, and really i should be saying that no phone is worth 700, including the X and S9+. I had the choice, price wasnt a factor...

Last edited:
Permabanned
im not sure what your point is? ive looked other phones in shop and the screen on most cheaper phones are better, cleaner, sharper and more vibrant than P20 pro
but this is what I don't get but I came from a s6 .. and the screen is way better ...as long as I keep the screen protector clean .. little bit of finger yeah I can see cloudiness ... but it's still way better than my old s6

Caporegime
im not sure what your point is? ive looked other phones in shop and the screen on most cheaper phones are better, cleaner, sharper and more vibrant than P20 pro

Disagree. The only phones with better screens are ones that cost more that I have seen. The pro screen is a stunner and just as good as the s7 I came from

Soldato
The selling point of the P20 Pro is the camera. If you're not bothered about that then no, it doesn't offer very good value for money.

Soldato
I love my P20 light, think it's a great little phone.

Appreciate some of the other Chinese phones offer a little better bang for buck, but every one I looked at just had something I needed missing. This one ticked all the boxes for my budget.

I also like the version of android - EUMI or whatever it is, nice little touches here and there.

Caporegime
I must say the camera on the p20 pro is pretty stunning. One from playing around the other night and one from tonight driving home and grabbing the sunset

Back
Top Bottom