Do I trade in 6 month old 959 for Panigale V4?

Soldato
I bought it new in September last year and have been really pleased - especially now it's had the 1,000 KM service and I can rev it some more, but I keep picking up magazines and reading about the new V4 and how insanely good it is. Even the design which I didn't like at first has really grown on me (in the flesh they look incredible).

Thing is how much do I stand to lose financially on the 959. It has the underslung Akrapovic and subsequently cost me £15k outright. Has 600 miles on the clock. Suppose all I can do is take it into the dealer and get a quote. The V4 base model is £19k. The dealer will be laughing for sure.

Feel like a mug but damn I want a V4. Please, someone talk me out of this madness!

Edit - just worked out it's more like 10 months old not 6! Oops!

Screen_Shot_2018-06-08_at_23.19.33.png

Man of Honour
Wait a year and enjoy your current bike this season. The are lots of issues with the V4 at the moment, which isn't surprising with a 100% newly developed Italian bike.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

600 miles???? You've can barely say you've ridden it.

Keep the bike for a few years and then upgrade. Pointless dropping £5k just to have the latest and greatest only to put it in a garage for another year imo.

Soldato
OP
I’m very much a fair weather rider EVH. Most of my time is spent in London or overseas so it’s only the occasional weekend blast. We had such a seemingly long winter which kept mileage down, think you posted in my thread re time to wake the bike up.

I’ve been offered £11,500 as a trade-in. More than I thought and definitely something I’m going to have a think about :)

Man of Honour
I’m very much a fair weather rider EVH. Most of my time is spent in London or overseas so it’s only the occasional weekend blast. We had such a seemingly long winter which kept mileage down, think you posted in my thread re time to wake the bike up.

I’ve been offered £11,500 as a trade-in. More than I thought and definitely something I’m going to have a think about :)

If you've already made up your mind then it's pointless asking us what we think :p

Soldato
OP
Was looking for reassurance. Would have been a lot easier if you guys had just said yeah, that’s exactly what we’d do! :)

Mind’s not made up. I’ve been warned not to take it for a test ride else it’s a done deal.

Soldato
Way out my budget I'm afraid but those new tuono's damn, I mean, they've always been something special but the new V4 version, like a super sports bike with upright bars.

I watched a mcn guy testing the street bikes and it wasn't journalist ********, you could tell he liked that bike.

I'll get one, in 10 years, second hand.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My point was that you've only done 600 miles and haven't even "unlocked" the higher rev limit, so you can't even say you've truly used what you have at the moment.

Keep the bike, run it over the summer and think about upgrading next year. Otherwise, you'll trade up and the next bike will be sat for just as long and you'll be in the same position next year :)

Man of Honour
Way out my budget I'm afraid but those new tuono's damn, I mean, they've always been something special but the new V4 version, like a super sports bike with upright bars.

I watched a mcn guy testing the street bikes and it wasn't journalist ********, you could tell he liked that bike.

I'll get one, in 10 years, second hand.

The Tuono's are brilliant but a bit pants when not pushing it on great surfaces.

Soldato
Ridden the V4, brakes are incredible, wasn't much of a fan of the engine though, preferred my R1. Turns on a dime though which could be down to the 60 profile tire.

Wouldn't pay that amount of money for it as you'll probably not get the best out of it on the road, or most tracks.

Associate
Had my V4 Speciale at Jerez, I'm still shaking now. Partly scared of throwing it at the scenery and the power this thing has is just mental. Handles like a dream and just pulls your arms off in every gear. Nothing comes close to the experience of giving this beast a handful

Back
Top Bottom