Car Claim

Soldato
Edit:- That van has some mileage on it. Interesting bodge job on the brake pipes. lol.

I'm amazed that thing is still on the road. It's had 9 MOT fails in the last 10 years.

It doesn't look like he uses it much anymore either, he's only done about 12k miles over the last 3 years.

Soldato
If that is the case then why do you not simply park in the road, as you are legally entitled to do, outside your own house?

Edit: scrub that as i have just street viewed the situation. Very easy to find. Your attached neighbour has widened their driveway to take 2-3 cars, you have an identical plot. Virtually all of your neighbours have also catered for their cars in similar ways.

I am totally with your neighbour im afraid, you have plenty of space to accommodate your own vehicles IMO.

Edit2: You even have a driveway which goes down the side of your property to what looks like a large garage!?

Agreed.

Just have the raised area of the driveway dug out and paved/graveled/whatever, you can park a bit further in, and the Aygo can park on the new section and get in and out.

If I had a driveway like that, the first thing I'd do is make it usable for as many cars as possible. IMHO back gardens are for nice lawn areas and pot plants shrubbery, front gardens are for using.

Associate
he has been parking his van there for a few years, before my wife passed her test and got a car.

This is why he's upset and causing grief. You've 'stolen' his space. :p

^^^ exactly this. our new build estate is a nightmare but unless its his land/drive he cant complain first come first serve. i like to park down the side of my house but sometimes i cant. I dont go raving to the next door neighbour i park it somewhere else ~15 metres away and get on with life ;)

Soldato
some folks round here put tree trunks on the verges .. no one can have it.

I don't know whether council consider loss off parking spaces when they allow people to add extensions+convert garages which all contribute - Ok they pay delta council tax

I dont go raving to the next door neighbour i park it somewhere else
you block multiple spaces too ?

Associate
some folks round here put tree trunks on the verges .. no one can have it.

I don't know whether council consider loss off parking spaces when they allow people to add extensions+convert garages which all contribute - Ok they pay delta council tax

you block multiple spaces too ?

Block multiple spaces ?? i park further from my house and still block no one as i would when i park down the side of my house. as i said before first come first serve if someone parks where i normally park (beside my drive), i park round the corner. I dont own the spot like anyone else doesnt

Soldato
OP
Well the validator has been today, he inspected our car and took a load of photo's. I asked him if he can say what his report will say.

His reply was that he cannot find any evidence of a collision on our vehicle and there is also no evidence of any repair to cover it up either.

He then did say that his report will go back to the insurance claim team who will do the neccessary action with it and if there is no actual claim they WOULD pursue for fraud if deemed that was the case.

I asked what kind of time frame for the case to be closed, he said that depends on whether his insurance wants to dispute it - then they maybe forced to come and inspect his vehicle. I'm happy that I took photo's of his vehicle last week showing the condition of his bumper (just incase he wants to drive into something to make it look worse, if/when they contact him to book an inspection) I showed that photo to the validator, he advised that is excellent evidence for my case. He suggested to NOT tell my neighbour I have this photo, it could help with a fraud case if he tries to worsen his vehicle condition. My photo i have is date stamped etc after the date of the "collision"

Soldato
OP
I know where this street is and Ace modder does have a nice long drive, and a garage :D
We do have a garage in our rear garden, however it is not accesable from the street as the previous owners fitted a iron gate with a base and a fence/gate to the rear garden. We have 2 dogs so cannot remove these as our garden has to be secure and I prefer the security of this.

gate.JPG

Soldato
Well the validator has been today, he inspected our car and took a load of photo's. I asked him if he can say what his report will say.

His reply was that he cannot find any evidence of a collision on our vehicle and there is also no evidence of any repair to cover it up either.

He then did say that his report will go back to the insurance claim team who will do the neccessary action with it and if there is no actual claim they WOULD pursue for fraud if deemed that was the case.

I asked what kind of time frame for the case to be closed, he said that depends on whether his insurance wants to dispute it - then they maybe forced to come and inspect his vehicle. I'm happy that I took photo's of his vehicle last week showing the condition of his bumper (just incase he wants to drive into something to make it look worse, if/when they contact him to book an inspection) I showed that photo to the validator, he advised that is excellent evidence for my case. He suggested to NOT tell my neighbour I have this photo, it could help with a fraud case if he tries to worsen his vehicle condition. My photo i have is date stamped etc after the date of the "collision"
Does you neighbour not read these forums ?
Andi.

Soldato
OP
My wife had a call today from her insurer, and the claimaint has cancelled his claim so no further action.

She asked if they are planning to pursue for a fraudulent claim, and they said no they cannot as he cancelled.

Soldato
Just scanned the thread and it’s good to hear he has finally seen sense and cancelled. He sounds absolutely mental to go so far as to put a fake claim in just because of a parking situation :eek: especially because it will have affected his insurance quotes just as much as your wife’s.
It’s a few months of stress which you just didn’t need. It’s a shame the insurance companies don’t go after these fraudsters and counter sue them to reclaim costs for wasted time.
He must have received your engineers report and realised he’s not going to get anywhere to just change his mind like that.

Caporegime
Contact the council and ask them to relocate the street light? Blag that you're going to be widening your drive way?

Move the rocks and park there? Park in front of the tree further up?

Back
Top Bottom